Skip navigation

This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
16,489 Views 7 Replies Last post: Feb 11, 2012 2:00 PM by WOLFIENIGHT
RSS
WOLFIENIGHT 5 posts since
Feb 2, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 2, 2012 6:24 PM

Wii Connection Problems

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Nintendo Wii to the internet using the Intel  My Wifi Technology on my laptop, a Dell Studio 1558. I used to be able  to set up my laptop as an access point for my Wii and successfully  connect to the internet, for some odd reason I can  no longer do so.

I enable the connection on the Intel My Wifi and click the "Share My  Internet" button. I have enabled internet connection sharing on the  line-in connection attached to my laptop, the source of internet on my  laptop. I then go to my Wii and go to Wii  Settings>Internet>Connection  3>Wireless Connection>Search For Access Point. At that point the  Wii searches for the network and successfully finds the signal from my  laptop. I enter the correct passcode for the network (WPA-PSA Security,  TKIP encryption) and then click OK for the Wii to  perform a connection test. This is where I encounter problems. I  receive the Wii error code 51332. Intel My Wifi does not detect that my  Wii is trying to access the connection. According to Nintendo, the error  code occurs when the passcode for the network  is not correct. I have tried changing the connection password many  times but still the same problem. I even changed the network so that  there was no security whatsoever and I still receive the same error  code. Obviously if I am receiving the same error on  an unsecured network then the passcode is not the real problem at hand.  I have tried changing the DHCP/DNS from enabled to disabled on both the  Wii and on the network my laptop is emitting, changed the security type  (WPA-PSA, WPA2-PSA, WEP, no security), and  even changed the encryption type from TKIP to AES-CCMP while trying the  WPA2-PSA security. As a last resort I updated the Intel My Wifi  Technology driver but my Wii is still not being recognized by the  software.

From what I can tell, my Wii is not being detected at all by the Intel  My Wifi Technology, and that is probably causing the problem. I would  like to reiterate that I was previously able to use my laptop as an  access point for my Wii using Intel My Wifi Technology  2 months ago.

Currently I have the Intel My Wifi set to no security at all. My Wii still can't connect. I know that the Intel My Wifi is working because I just had a random device connect to it successfully.

Is anyone knowledgable about this sort of thing?

CPM 1,239 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Feb 2, 2012 6:30 PM in response to: WOLFIENIGHT
Re: Wii Connection Problems

make sure the channel is set to 1 or 11.

CPM 1,239 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Feb 3, 2012 2:48 PM in response to: WOLFIENIGHT

power cycle the router and modem by unplugging the router and modem wait a few minutes then plug the modem in wait a couple of miniutes for the modem to initalize then plug the router back in.

BEARDEDONE 1,635 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Feb 10, 2012 6:50 PM in response to: WOLFIENIGHT

I think the WiFi may be dead on your Wii.  I suggest calling Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.  If necessary, they will help you set up a repair over the phone.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)