Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,124 Views 4 Replies Last post: Apr 20, 2012 5:13 PM by KITTEN_THE_GHOST
RSS
ALEXUQUE 45 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 4, 2012 4:12 AM

Animal Crossing Population : Growing QUESTION

Is it bad to use cheat codes in the game? Are they meant to be used? Will they damage the game or corrupt the memory card?

Please give me information on cheat codes in the game.

P.S. I play this game on the Wii.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Feb 4, 2012 8:43 AM in response to: ALEXUQUE
Re: Animal Crossing Population : Growing QUESTION

Cheat codes, like those used with Action Replay devices, have the potential to corrupt memory and render your Wii or game unplayable.

However, cheat codes that you use in, for example, Tom Nook's store (the option to "say code"), are legitimately built into the game and will not affect the game or the internal memory.

E-DUDNETNIN 465 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Feb 9, 2012 4:40 AM in response to: ALEXUQUE

Are you are talking about the universal codes that you can tell to Nook or to other villagers via letters? I suggest sticking to only the ones Nintendo has provided. There are some out there that can in fact ruin your game. I used to use a lot of these and a fishy one corrupted my save data and I had to start over.

BIGFRANK 46 posts since
Apr 5, 2012
Apr 5, 2012 8:36 PM in response to: ALEXUQUE

If it's like a device for example an Action Replay, then there is a chance that it will mess up your game. If the codes are like suppose to be entered in the game, not the device, then it's ok. Cheating devices for Nintendo are not licensed or endorsed by it, so be careful.

KITTEN_THE_GHOST 26 posts since
Apr 4, 2010
Apr 20, 2012 5:13 PM in response to: ALEXUQUE

Depends, do you mean AR cheats or Universal Codes you give to Tom Nook. I've used universal codes for years and never had any problems, but that's just me.

With AR codes, they aren't bad per se, but from what I've heard, they can be very dangerous. I recommend to use with caution.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)