7,219 Views 5 Replies Last post: Jun 16, 2014 10:22 PM by POKEBRINE10
RSS
KIRBYTEEN1 7 posts since
May 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 10, 2012 7:36 PM

Circle Pad problems

Hello.

I first got Resident Evil Revelations on Tuesday (it's release) and have been thoroughly enjoying it. Up until this morning, I noticed something wrong...

And looking back, I noticed some problems that may have to do with the circle pad. Basically, if I tilt up or down, sometimes the character would walk slowly even after I let go of the circle pad- simply, in neutral position. This happens in aiming too, where if I were to set the pad in neutral after tilting up or down, they would slowly aim in the respective directions and stop after a second or two.

I recalibrated my circle pad, and noticed the + sign slowly moving towards the center after tilting up or down when it is set in neutral. Sliding left or right, there are no issues. Calibrating about 10 times, it still has the same issues...

I'm just wondering should I send my 3DS in for repairs? And would anyone know if I do end up sending it, would they completely replace my system? I don't want to lose all my games and information on my 3DS, y'know?

Thank you.

PS: It's not only in Revelations I noticed, but even Pushmo and Sakura Samurai. I haven't tried any other games, but either way, I'm expecting to see the same results as it has to do with the circle pad and not the games themselves.

My 3DS is also a LAUNCH DAY system, just throwing it out there.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Feb 11, 2012 9:33 AM in response to: KIRBYTEEN1
Re: Circle Pad problems

Since you recalibrated the circle pad, the issue happens in multiple games, and your system was used from launch day, there must be some sort of dust or foreign material stuck underneath the circle pad that is causing a faulty connection.  Unfortunately, there is no way to clean underneath the circle pad yourself and you must get a repair.  You can schedule one by calling Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week).

There is no knowing whether Nintendo will repair or replace your system.  For more minor problems, they are more likely to just repair it.  Either way, you do not have to worry about any of your data, because Nintendo always transfers all of your downloaded games and data onto the other system.

KIRBYROSCKSSWEDEN 1 posts since
Aug 5, 2012
Aug 5, 2012 9:07 AM in response to: KIRBYTEEN1

hello, this is what happened to me. The circle pad phisically centers but not onscreen, correct? Well I tried something that might work for you also:

try opening a new toothbrush and gently scrub under the circle pad(but make sure the bristles get all the way down.) Then reset the calibration on the circle pad, and flick it 10-20 times in the directions it dosen't work in to make sure it centers good. It works so far for me, hope it helps. P.S. Mine was launch day, too.

TYLER645 1,015 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Aug 7, 2012 6:49 AM in response to: KIRBYROSCKSSWEDEN

This is very helpful information.

Just a friendly reminder though, please don't bump old threads.

Thanks!

POKEBRINE10 2 posts since
Jun 16, 2014
Jun 16, 2014 10:21 PM in response to: KIRBYTEEN1

my problem started literally a few min.s befor post.i was playing a new save for pokemon x(i have 2) on my 3dsXL.i was thinking about using the bank to send 1 powerful pokemon from my (currently)best game.i have this massager and it went off next to my system.i tried using the touch screen to save but that didn't work so i want to mannyally save but ended up in my party.suddenly all control was gone when i entered.i restarted the systemand in the home menue only the "A" buton and the power button worked but when i was in game only the touch screen worked.plz help me.

POKEBRINE10 2 posts since
Jun 16, 2014
Jun 16, 2014 10:22 PM in response to: POKEBRINE10

i ment in game only the touch screen DIDNT work

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)