This discussion is locked
77,433 Views 13 Replies Last post: Jul 25, 2012 10:48 AM by NOA_TECH_BRYCE
RSS
JOHNASHOQ 23 posts since
Feb 16, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 16, 2012 12:54 PM

Why cant I watch youtube on the 3ds?

I go to youtube but I can't watch videos so can someone please tell me how to watch youtube on my 3DS?

AKARUTHEYOSHI 244 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Feb 16, 2012 12:55 PM in response to: JOHNASHOQ
Re: Why cant I watch youtube on the 3ds?

The 3DS Browser doesn't support Flash, and as such, cannot play YouTube videos. Sorry.

CHARIBLAZE1 289 posts since
Jun 10, 2010
Feb 16, 2012 2:02 PM in response to: JOHNASHOQ

Nintendo Video is not a good example of the 3DS's possible ability to use YouTube; all videos there are downloaded. The closest thing you can compare are eShop videos, which are streamed. However, eShop videos are very much optimized to be viewed on the 3DS, and the 3DS's power is used efficiently. If you throw on Flash onto the Netfront browser, it would be hard to get things working. The browser is not entirely optimized for use on the 3DS; no gaming system's browser is. That's just the nature of the Web. Some stuff is a lot more resource intensive than others.

As for the Wii compatibility, it's using an outdated version. Version 8 Lite, I believe, where the standard is now 11. That makes it only useful for those that have taken advantage of it, YouTube XL, and PlayOn.

One last thing, there are processes that claim you can download a YouTube video, convert it, and watch it in the photo program. Google it. I can't guarentee anything, since I haven't tried it.

CITRAXAS 77 posts since
Jul 20, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 8:16 PM in response to: JOHNASHOQ

see, what you and other people dont understand is that like the iphone, or MOST OTHER MOBILE TOUCH DEVICES, dont/CANT support flash. flash was built around and for mice and keyboards, not fingers, its still a developing technology, the wii can use youtube because they have an application for it (throught the browser, youtube XL counts as a web app) and it still uses a pointer, not a touch screen. hope i helped

NIGHTFIRE5 3,805 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jul 24, 2012 8:19 PM in response to: CITRAXAS

CITRAXAS  wrote:

see, what you and other people dont understand is that like the iphone, or MOST OTHER MOBILE TOUCH DEVICES, dont/CANT support flash. flash was built around and for mice and keyboards, not fingers, its still a developing technology, the wii can use youtube because they have an application for it (throught the browser, youtube XL counts as a web app) and it still uses a pointer, not a touch screen. hope i helped

As a friendly reminder, please don't go around bumping old threads. The last time this thread was active was February 16 2012.

DONKEYKONG00 426 posts since
Mar 23, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 8:37 PM in response to: JOHNASHOQ

I am sorry, but as other people said the 3DS does not support Flash. Sorry.

BUT!

I have heard rumors that Nintendo is coming out with a YouTube application sometime later this year-who knows, maybe they will! So stick around and see

Mar 29, 2011
Jul 24, 2012 8:42 PM in response to: DONKEYKONG00

There will be a Youtube application for the upcoming Nintendo Wii U console, as well as Amazon Video, Netflix, and Hulu Plus. However, there has been no official word of a Youtube application for the Nintendo 3DS.

Mar 23, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 9:09 PM in response to: NIGHTFIRE5

Yes, Well, you may have not heard rumors of it, but I have heard rumors of a YouTube application coming out for the Nintendo 3DS later this year. Have a nice evening

Mar 29, 2011
Oct 29, 2012 12:50 PM in response to: DONKEYKONG00

DONKEYKONG00  wrote:

Yes, Well, you may have not heard rumors of it, but I have heard rumors of a YouTube application coming out for the Nintendo 3DS later this year. Have a nice evening

There are rumors of every kind floating around. For there to be a rumor of a Youtube application coming to the Nintendo 3DS is no different then there to be a rumor that Nintendo is interested in obtaining Rareware from MicroSoft. Until there is an official word from an official source, take everything with a grain of salt.

However, as I also stated before in this thread, please don't go around bumping old threads. This thread has been inactive for several months.

Mar 23, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 10:49 AM in response to: NIGHTFIRE5

Alright dude you are starting to irratate me.

First off, im not the one who "Dug up an old thread." the last post was today other than mine!!!! Is saying "dont go digging up old threads" the only way you get your posts? 75% of the time i see your posts its about that.

And second, I never said a rumor means its TRUE. all I said was that I heard a rumor (which doesnt mean I bileive that they will do that certian thing)

GLACIUSX25 2,071 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Jul 24, 2012 10:38 PM in response to: DONKEYKONG00

DONKEYKONG00  wrote:

Alright dude you are starting to irratate me.

First off, im not the one who "Dug up an old thread." the last post was today other than mine!!!! Is saying "dont go digging up old threads" the only way you get your posts? 75% of the time i see your posts its about that.

And second, I never said a rumor means its TRUE. all I said was that I heard a rumor (which doesnt mean I bileive that they will do that certian thing)

Well he is telling you to stop from keeping a dug up old thread, from STAYING up. Someone else dug it up, and then you responded as if the discussion was still on going.

Also, speculation, rumors, etc are not to be discussed here, this forum is PURELY tech support. The OP's question was answered long ago, so the thread no longer needs to keep running.

There is no need to be hostile towards other forum members.

NOA_TECH_BRYCE 88 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 25, 2012 10:48 AM in response to: GLACIUSX25

Hi everyone. I've locked this thread since it's become a little bit too chatty for what we're trying to accomplish with our Tech Support Forums.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)