Skip navigation
13,332 Views 7 Replies Last post: Feb 19, 2012 6:23 PM by MANINBLUE
RSS
BREAKINGBENJAMINLOZKH 10 posts since
Feb 17, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 17, 2012 2:29 PM

3DS 3d depth slider problem

I got my LE LoZ 3ds this last christmas and only play it a couple times a week, so it is practically brand new. A couple days ago i picked it up to play and noticed the 3d was on, even though the 3d depth slider was all the way down. I moved the depth slider and it was very loose and the 3d depth wouldnt change it just stayed on the maximum.

I just messed with it and now the 3d depth slider only goes up a certain lengh before getting stuck, but will still not change 3d depth

I take care of this thing very well by the way so it is not like i abuse it or anything/ex: after playing with it i put it in the package covering and then put it in my traveling case.

I checked to get it repaired and it isnt covered under warranty (which is bogus in my opinion) and costs $55 even with the discount for having it less than a year.

So my questions are: is this a design flaw? or is i just a case of bad luck?- also, has this happened to anyone else? and if i called Nintendo and told them my "story" will they repair it for free? becasue that would be nice

Thanks for taking some of your time to read/answer my problem/questions

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Feb 17, 2012 3:09 PM in response to: BREAKINGBENJAMINLOZKH
Re: 3DS 3d depth slider problem

Mine sometimes won't shut off the 3D if I turn it all the way down.  I've found that if I mess with slider or close and open the cover it starts working again.  It's been this way since I got it, but I didn't find it worthwhile to send it in.  I may consider it, since the warranty will be up soon.

The difference with mine is that the depth does always change when I move the slider (it just doesn't shut off all the time).  Are you sure yours doesn't work at all?  By design, the depth slider does not change the depth in 3D photos or videos, only in the games.  If you've only tried it in the camera app, then it is working the way it's supposed to, except that it should shut off when you turn it all the way down.

I don't know whether Nintendo will cover it under warranty, though.  I just assumed they would.  It would probably be worthwhile to call them and ask.  1-800-255-3700.

Oh, and my depth slider does feel loose.  I don't know whether that is a factor or not.  They may all be like that.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Feb 17, 2012 7:44 PM in response to: BREAKINGBENJAMINLOZKH

Thanks for the reply.  I'll have to try that with mine.  I posted a question for my issue but never got a good response.  Maybe you and I are the only ones who have had trouble with the depth slider.

MACADET08 123 posts since
Dec 4, 2011
Feb 17, 2012 7:15 PM in response to: BREAKINGBENJAMINLOZKH

I'd contact Nintendo about that because it seems strange that it isn't covered under the warranty. If it ends up being the case that you don't want to spend the money having it repaired you can always disable the 3D option via the parental controls. If you establish the PIN number to unlock them you will get the option when you start each title to play in 2D or 3D. If you wish to play in 2D you can simply choose that option or play in 3D entering the PIN each time.

I have an older (blue) 3DS and the slider works fine and I often slide it up and down to enable/disable the 3D. I do notice that closing/opening the system sometimes wiggles the switch enough to re-enable the 3D.

MANINBLUE 28 posts since
Feb 19, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 6:23 PM in response to: BREAKINGBENJAMINLOZKH

if your 3ds does that call nintendo or go to a gamestop and make sure you have the receipt with you and they will give you a new one.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)