Skip navigation
18,079 Views 5 Replies Last post: Dec 21, 2013 12:32 AM by SARAHBOBERA
RSS
HIKARIMEORU 3 posts since
Feb 19, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 19, 2012 1:10 PM

Pokemon Black will not access save data.

Hello all.

Let me first start out by saying that I've taken the time to read through similar topics, but there has been no definitive answer.

Now to explain my scenario. I haven't played Black in months. I get my 3DS and start it up and it plays for a few weeks. Now. Three weeks ago, my 3DS starts telling me that it can't access my save data. I have a little heart attack because I've traded Pokmeon that I've had since R/S/E onto it.I definitly don't want to start over-640+Pokemon reobtained is out of the question.

So, fter countless restarts, I can say that once out of ever 20-25 times, my game will start and play fine. The problem comes today.

I finally get it to work after 12 restarts, and I hurry to download my Mewtwo.

It cuts off mid-download..and now the dang blasted game won't access my save data -.- So now I need to know if

1) The Mystery Download for my system is cut off and I cannot get that Mewtwo ...and

2) Is there a way to clean the inside of my system to see if the mental contacts are touching the 3DS

oh and 3) WHY is this error happening?

Things that will help get an answer that is not repetitive

a) I bought this game new when it came out.

b) I do not use AR or other cheat devices.

c) I did not drop my 3DS, it has been sitting on a stand for over 4 months.

d) the game was in the 3DS the entire time.

e) when the game does start, I can access my game sync

Lastly...is there any sort of announcement for transferring Pokmeon over to a Wii/Wii U system equivalent of Pokemon Ranch? I would like the opportunity to salvage my Pokemon off of this cartridge, so at least I know they're safe.

Sorry if this post sounds curt, I've just been pretty irate over this turns of events. Thankls in advance to anyone that can help.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Feb 19, 2012 3:47 PM in response to: HIKARIMEORU
Re: Pokemon Black will not access save data.

1) As long as the system cannot access the save data, Mystery Download cannot be accessed.

2) I doubt that the problem has to do with the system or the contacts.  In any case, trying to repair the system yourself isn't a good idea.

3) It sounds like, somehow, the cartridge is faulty.  Normally I would   think this is because of physical damage, but since yours is taken care   of, it is probably a manufacturing error.  You will most likely not be able to retrieve the save data, as the memory is corrupted in some way.

Lastly...is there any sort of announcement for transferring Pokmeon over to a Wii/Wii U system equivalent of Pokemon Ranch?

No, there isn't, although there is very little information now as to what the Wii U will be able to do.

Your game, unfortunately, seems done for.  At what point in loading the game does it tell you that the save data cannot be accessed?

NIGHTFIRE5 3,805 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Mar 9, 2012 5:44 PM in response to: HIKARIMEORU

Have you tried contacting Nintendo directly using either their webform or via the toll-free hotline? You'd have faster results calling them. They can be reached at 1-800-255-3700.

SARAHBOBERA 4 posts since
Nov 29, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 12:32 AM in response to: HIKARIMEORU

Is this still active? Im having this problem now  and I have some of the event only pokemon and I want them back ): ive taken care of my cartridge and have been playing recently so thiss error is random. ):

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)