Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
25,689 Views 5 Replies Last post: Sep 1, 2010 12:28 PM by XEROMORPHIC
RSS
SNOWSQUATCH1 3 posts since
Apr 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 12, 2010 7:28 PM

DS Lite: Save data could not be accessed.....

My son is having a problem with his DS Lite. Right now, the game shuts off while playing a game and displays a error message. The latest message that popped up was," The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the game card".  Did anyone have a problem with their DS Lites turning off during gameplay and getting various error messages? The problems started with the DS not reading a game cart at all. If we turned off the unit and unplugged the card and reinserted the card,it would recognise the game card. Now we have an issue with the error messages. Its not a game issue because it does this on a few of his games. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

ONE-OF-THREE 6,204 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 12, 2010 7:37 PM in response to: SNOWSQUATCH1
Re: DS Lite: Save data could not be accessed.....

Unfortunately, but if this is occurring with multiple video games, that means the problems is with your son's DS Lite and it will need to be repaired.

So give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, or use their webform  to contact them, and they can set up the repair process for you.:)

ONE-OF-THREE 6,204 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 12, 2010 8:30 PM in response to: SNOWSQUATCH1

SNOWSQUATCH1  wrote:

Will Nintendo just replace it outright or fix the system I send in. He has the limited Pokemon system and would like to keep it.

I am pretty sure that in the cases of any limited edition product, they will make sure to repair it and not just replace it, so that the person will get back the exact same thing.:)

But it is always best to inform them that it is a Limited Edition Pokémon DS, just so that no mistakes are made.:)

1 posts since
Sep 1, 2010
Sep 1, 2010 12:28 PM in response to: SNOWSQUATCH1

My daughter just now had the same problem with her DS lite.  I just bought a new DS game from Walmart and got the error message "Save data could not be accessed."  Other DS games seem to work just fine but not the new game.  I solved the problem by changing the GBA Mode settings.  If the Gameboy is set to the top screen you will get the error "Save data could not be accessed" when trying to play certain DS games.  The Gameboy setting needs to be set to Touch Screen to make the error go away.  Take the game out of the DS and turn it back on and check the settings by clicking on the wrench and then clicking on the Gameboy icon to make sure it is set to Touch Screen.   Hope this helps to solve your problem!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)