Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
20,924 Views 9 Replies Last post: May 22, 2014 11:57 AM by SCREENAME123
RSS
BRIGUYNV1313 1 posts since
Mar 8, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 8, 2012 6:18 PM

Hulu Plus on Wii... Beware!!!

Feel free to use the two week trial to test for yourselves... but for me, and tons of other people I've read about, Hulu Plus on any device like Wii, or the other gaming consoles, all SUCK!!  While trying to watch episodes of shows, it pauses, freezes, breaks up, has audio/video differences, etc... ever 44 minute episode took anywhere from 75 - 160 mins to watch because of all the issues!!  Plus adding in the ridiculous commercials, even on really OLD shows, it's totally NOT worth $8 a month!!

Netflix streams 200 times better on the Wii, and with no ads for the same price.  I'm not thrilled with Netflix anymore either because of all the **** they went through, and now they are cutting out a ton of movies... but as far as streaming quality through Wii, Netflix beats Hulu hands down!!  I barely made it thorough my two week trial, and couldn't wait to cancel & delete it from my Wii... the worst quality I've encountered with streaming anything!!

So if you wanna try it... feel free to use the trial... BUT be sure to really test it during those 2 weeks, make sure you are satsified with the service.  Tons of people on their own forums complain about the quality, and Hulu always tries to blame each person's internet or something... sorry but if Netflix and YouTube work great through Wii, it's NOT my internet... it's Hulu's interface, period!  Plus when that many people complain, that confirms to me that it's Hulu, not us!  So be warned, try it out, but I haven't spoken to one person yet that it works smoothly for them using Hulu... so be sure to test it, and don't pay for bad service if it doesn't work for you!

Hulu needs to do some serious work to get their interface to work better on gaming consoles like Wii... because what they have just doesn't work!

MEGATRONFAN 207 posts since
Apr 9, 2010
Mar 9, 2012 4:39 PM in response to: BRIGUYNV1313
Re: Hulu Plus on Wii... Beware!!!

Hulu streams just fine for me. Try using a wired connection. It's much more stable.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Mar 10, 2012 7:19 AM in response to: BRIGUYNV1313

Netfix had similar problems, but they were fixed over time.  The same will happen to Hulu Plus.  Also, have you tried deleting the Hulu Plus channel and it's save data from the system memory?  Doing this and then redownloading the channel sometimes clears up issues like this.

REGNAL12 30 posts since
Jun 17, 2011
Mar 23, 2012 5:58 PM in response to: BRIGUYNV1313

This negotiation will probably get shut down by a moderator!

NINTENDOEXPERT101 124 posts since
Mar 23, 2012
Mar 30, 2012 4:12 PM in response to: BRIGUYNV1313

And to think this is coming out for 3ds...

JASONM3DS 1 posts since
Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 6:18 AM in response to: BRIGUYNV1313

I agree the hulu plus application is bad, it frezes and crashes my wii constantly, and losses connection alot. netflix is alot more reliable.

SNESNESCUBE64 1,132 posts since
Aug 4, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 7:04 AM in response to: JASONM3DS

Please do not bump old threads, the last comment was posted half a year ago.

DOCTORPIKMIN 4 posts since
Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 6:59 PM in response to: SNESNESCUBE64

True, but the new version seems to work better.

AARONINBKK 1 posts since
May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 8:16 AM in response to: BRIGUYNV1313

Same issue here. On Wii and Wii U both: Hulu freezes at ads and never reloads, shows error messages at almost every single ad and forces me to select "try again", and sometimes freezes the console forcing me to hard reset the machine.... While Netflix and YouTube work perfectly.

They should be paying penalties to the advertisers until they fix it.  Shame on you Hulu. Defective software for sure.

BTW: if this has been an issue since 2012, it's not "bumping an old thread" ... It's important people know it's still an issue that Hulu ignores. 

SCREENAME123 29 posts since
Oct 27, 2013
May 22, 2014 11:57 AM in response to: AARONINBKK

Bottom line, do not use Hulu on the Wii or anywhere else! Also, take note that all of the streaming services on the Wii just suck! I recommend getting the apps for WiiU for a better experience that can match that of PlayStation and Xbox. Oops, I might get moderated, like how the Sony president di on Miiverse by saying I LOVE PS! Too bad for me!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)