Skip navigation
24,078 Views 6 Replies Last post: Mar 23, 2012 7:37 PM by DONKEYKONG00
RSS
DUHASTMICH 2 posts since
Mar 19, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 19, 2012 4:37 PM

3DS won't turn on but charges.

Well, title explains it, but for background information, I've had my 3DS for a day, litterally. I turned it off last night and left it to charge, and now it won't turn on at all, the blue power light doesn't even flicker. I know the battery is charged, because I let it charge all night and everytime I attempt to charge it the charging light will turn on and a few seconds later back off. I never really did anything at all with it, havn't dropped it, havn't let it overheat and havn't even taken it outside, yet the 3DS won't turn on after numerous attempts. Is there a solution, or is this just Nintendo advertising expensive plastic again (I've also had two Wii's that broke in the past a month within buying them). It dissapoints me to know it broke after a day from buying it. Once again, I did nothing at all to harm it, I only spent a few hours on it and turned it completely off to charge last night.

MARIO 3,289 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Mar 19, 2012 4:40 PM in response to: DUHASTMICH
Re: 3DS won't turn on but charges.

The only thing I can think of to try is to hold down the power button to make sure it is fully off (or even temporarily remove the battery) to see if you can reset it that way. If that doesn't work, you may have to call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 to set up a repair.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Mar 19, 2012 4:47 PM in response to: DUHASTMICH

In addition to what Mario said, did you buy this 3DS used?

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Mar 19, 2012 6:53 PM in response to: DUHASTMICH

DUHASTMICH  wrote:

Brand new off the shelf of the store.

Since you've recently bought your 3DS, it probably would be a best to just return the 3DS at the store where you got it from instead of sending it to Nintendo for repairs.

MARIO 3,289 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Mar 19, 2012 5:50 PM in response to: NINTENMAN94

I would just note that in the event that any content was purchased via the eShop, you would lose that if you just returned it to the store. I would also try the troubleshooting first just to be sure.

DONKEYKONG00 426 posts since
Mar 23, 2012
Mar 23, 2012 7:37 PM in response to: DUHASTMICH

Yeah, a very strange situation. Same thing happened to me with the DS lite my friend ge a while back, it worked for like a month or so then i charged it for like 2 hours and tried playing a game and it wouldent turn on. Sometimes it will not turn on if it took damage (sat on, water spilled on, etc.) my friend told me that she spilled water on it a few times before and im like >.> so yeah probably damage.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)