4,862 Views 1 Reply Last post: Mar 21, 2012 3:49 PM by MARIOTURNS89
RSS
SBK986 1 posts since
Mar 21, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 21, 2012 3:37 PM

Nintendo 3DS won't play DS games

Hi everyone,

So I made the mistake of buying a used Nintendo 3DS on ebay. I played some 3DS games fine for a while then decided to try out some DS games.

However, everytime I try to load a DS game the system turns into a black screen, the 3D light fades out and the system is locked up completely. I have to hold down power for about 5 seconds then close the lid and reopen it and press power to turn the system back on again.

On the Home screen the DS game shows up properly. Also if I go into the system settings and look up the Activity Log for games, it shows that I played the DS game for the amount of the time the system was showing a black screen and locked up.

I've tried formatting the 3DS, updating the firmware to the latest version, disabling wifi, removing the SD card and trying other SD cards with no difference in results. I've also tried the same DS cartridges on a friend's 3DS and they load up perfectly fine on his.

I'd rather not send the system in for repairs. I'll be on travel for a couple months in a week and bought the system hoping to take it with me.

Anyone have any ideas for things to try?

MARIOTURNS89 62 posts since
May 18, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 21, 2012 3:49 PM in response to: SBK986
Re: Nintendo 3DS won't play DS games

You may have to send it in for repairs. Interesting enough, the 3DS is still under warranty.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)