Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
34,460 Views 14 Replies Last post: Oct 29, 2013 2:54 PM by DIANALYN
RSS
RAPAD 2 posts since
Apr 14, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 14, 2010 6:29 PM

Can't Play Netflix movies

Is anyone else having this issue - or does anyone know how to solve this issue:  Every time I try to play a netflix movie with the WII console, I get the following message:  Sorry, this title can't be watched instantly at this time.  Please try again later or play a different movie.

Now I know my Wii console is connected fine to the internet.  I can play other games with no issue plus I can connect to Netflix and see all the movies with no issues.  i also can play the same move on my MAC using the same WiFi connection... I just can play any movie.

Any suggestions?

ONE-OF-THREE 4,751 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 14, 2010 7:09 PM in response to: RAPAD
Re: Can't Play Netflix movies

Unfortunately, but I do not have a NetFlix account, nor have I tried it on my Wii console and the NetFlix Troubleshooting page doesn't mention this specific type of message, sorry,

But unless someone else might have an idea on what can be done to correct it, perhaps you should use the official NetFlix Contact page to either "Call Customer Service" or to log into "Your Account & Help" to "get help for common problems.":)

Apr 1, 2010
Apr 14, 2010 7:49 PM in response to: RAPAD

RAPAD  wrote:

As expected - Netflix directed me to Nintendo and told me it wasn't an issue with them.

That is rather unfortunate as I was hoping would know, but perhaps if you call Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, or their webform to contact them, someone at Nintendo has had experience with that error message and can help you.:)

CRISDC 2 posts since
Apr 23, 2010
Apr 23, 2010 8:18 PM in response to: RAPAD

Is someone going to take care of that issue and give us a reply?

That was working fine at the beginning...

Apr 1, 2010
Apr 23, 2010 8:29 PM in response to: CRISDC

CRISDC  wrote:

Is someone going to take care of that issue and give us a reply?

That was working fine at the beginning...

Unfortunately, but there are no Netflix employees that go to this website to give any type of reply or assistance, so you will need to contact them or if Netflix can not help you, you could try Nintendo and hopefully they might have an answer.:)

And if you need either Netflix or the Nintendo contact information, I provided both in my previous posts in this thread.:)

21 posts since
Apr 26, 2010
Apr 26, 2010 6:20 PM in response to: RAPAD

RAPAD  wrote:

Is anyone else having this issue - or does anyone know how to solve this issue:  Every time I try to play a netflix movie with the WII console, I get the following message:  Sorry, this title can't be watched instantly at this time.  Please try again later or play a different movie.

Now I know my Wii console is connected fine to the internet.  I can play other games with no issue plus I can connect to Netflix and see all the movies with no issues.  i also can play the same move on my MAC using the same WiFi connection... I just can play any movie.

Any suggestions?

This sounds like a problem I had with my Blu-Ray WiFi player.  Mine was caused when the player would drop connection for a second and reconnect when the movie was downloading.  I suggest you investigate connectivity issues before contacting Netflix or Nintendo.  All they will do is play the pointing fingers game, and nothing will  be resolved.

Have you changed your router in any way?  Have you added anything to it?  What I did with my Wii is assigned it a static IP, and that cleared up a ton of problems.  Now my Wii console works 100% better, (except for video quality), than my Blu-Ray Player.

I use my Wii console more often than I do my Blu-Ray Player.

Hope this helps,

14 posts since
Apr 27, 2010
Apr 28, 2010 8:58 AM in response to: JIMBOCOLS

A simple way to double check or investigate this is to disconnect your Wii and erase all settings of your router. Then setup the router again and see if the problem still exists when using Netflix - if this is true then you should contact Nintendo, however if Netflix works great your Internet Service Provider is the one to blame.

Good Luck

NINTENDODSFAN10 148 posts since
Apr 23, 2010
Apr 28, 2010 2:18 PM in response to: RAPAD

RAPAD  wrote:

Any suggestions?

You can't play movies on a wii.

CRISDC 2 posts since
Apr 23, 2010
Apr 28, 2010 6:30 PM in response to: NINTENDODSFAN10

We are talking about streaming video on Wii with Netflix...

1 posts since
May 29, 2010
May 29, 2010 11:25 AM in response to: RAPAD

If you are using an Untangle (http://www.untangle.com/) router, then you will need to go into the Virus Scanner portion and disable the "Disable HTTP Resume" setting.  I was in the same boat for a while and was able to isolate it to that particular setting in my case.  If that doesn't take care of it you may need to disable that virus scanner completely.

1 posts since
May 29, 2010
May 29, 2010 2:06 PM in response to: YMAGUSY

Brilliant ! I had kept the Untangle configuraiton in the default mode, and followed your suggestion to disable the HTTP resume. It works.

I registered with the Nintendo TechForums solely to commend you on the troubleshooting. Just what lead you this conclusion ? It just wouldn't have even come to me to look at these configuration without running a sniffer--and it would have been a long time before I would be suspicious enough of Untangle before I would fire up WireShark.

Kudos !

1 posts since
Aug 30, 2010
Aug 30, 2010 9:33 PM in response to: KARL_SIMON

I also have had the same message pop up when I try to stream netflix through my wii:  "Sorry, this title can't be watched instantly at this time.  Please try again later or play a different movie."  I've tried movie after movie and still the same message comes up.  I've tried everything...I've re-formatted my wii, I've re-booted my router, I've tried using both wireless and wired connections, but still nothing.  I spent three hours on the phone with customer service from netflix and nintendo and they couldn't help me.  I use a Netgear wireless router and use symantec antivirus software.  Any ideas on how to get netflix to work?

1 posts since
Jun 6, 2010
Jun 6, 2010 8:53 AM in response to: YMAGUSY

This is the anwer, thank you.

If you are using the Astaro firewall, you need to turn off the download proxy for antivirus.

Go to Web Security > HTTP/S > AntiVirus/Malware

uncheck 'Use AntiVirus scanning'

apply

DIANALYN 1 posts since
Oct 26, 2013
Oct 29, 2013 2:54 PM in response to: RAPAD

I have been having the same problem for at least a month, can anyone help?  Netflix movies only loads about 20%  I called Netflix to see if it was on there in. They had me to delete neflix and reinstalled it about 3 times and that didn't work. I can watch movies on my Galaxy Phone even on my PC. But it will not completely load on my WII. I get the same stupid message  ( Sorry this movie can not be watched at this time please try  back later or try defferent  movie ).  It don't matter what movie i try its still not load ing. Any help would  be greatly appriciated

Thank You In Advance

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)