Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
19,336 Views 7 Replies Last post: Apr 22, 2010 7:26 AM by EXCELIBUR
RSS
FULLSTOTTLE 4 posts since
Apr 15, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 15, 2010 7:21 PM

I can't get the hands to show up on the screen

I can't get the hands to show up on the screen, I have the rechargeable batteries that work great, I can get it to scroll screens left and right with the - and + buttons but I can't get the hands to show. Ive tried everything that is on the tech support page. My kids were playing mario kart one day when the screen went black, then it stopped working all the sudden. Please help

MARIO 3,386 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Apr 15, 2010 7:30 PM in response to: FULLSTOTTLE
Re: I can't get the hands to show up on the screen

Here are the troubleshooting steps Nintendo recommends.

To make sure the sensor bar itself is working, get some form of digital camera and point it at the sensor bar while the Wii Menu is on. If you look at your camera's display (you need one with an LCD preview) and see lights on the sensor bar, then you know that it is functioning.

CANYOUHELPME 4 posts since
Apr 20, 2010
Apr 20, 2010 10:34 PM in response to: FULLSTOTTLE

IF there's no answeres on here, there's a lot of stuff in the WII technical book that came with your wii. But could you help me with MY problem? :'(

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 21, 2010 4:14 PM in response to: CANYOUHELPME

What did you need help with? Have you already posted a topic on it?

16 posts since
Apr 22, 2010
Apr 22, 2010 7:26 AM in response to: FULLSTOTTLE

A common issue with the sensor bar is that it is sensitive to Infra-red waves, this of course is the EM waves used to send the signal through the controller to the Wii. If the TV gives off alot of heat maybe due to lack of ventalation of air, then it is good to have something between it and the sensor bar. Also another good tip is keep laser pointers away from it (laser pointers can ruin almost anything). And also another good tip is that if the tv does not have a frame around the screen at least 1.5 inches (3.81cm) then some static from the screen could actually polarize it causing it to be ruined by static polarization. The Static polarization is the largest of problems to CRTs and LCDs when you first turn it on till about 60-80 seconds afterward.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)