Skip navigation
3,551 Views 2 Replies Last post: Apr 10, 2012 7:32 AM by TRACER0218
RSS
CORNGAMER1 120 posts since
Oct 29, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 10, 2012 7:23 AM

Streetpass Not Working But Then Working?

So, this morning, Streetpass ******* up on me again (big surprise). I got the green light, my brother didn't, I got his data for Swapnote but not for anything else, he got nothing. But then, when I was about to start typing an email to Nintendo, the light on both of our 3DSs went green, and we both got all of each others data.

What the heck is going on?

MARIO 3,203 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Apr 10, 2012 7:28 AM in response to: CORNGAMER1
Re: Streetpass Not Working But Then Working?

I don't think StreetPass works in such a way that data will be exchanged instantaneously. Depending on circumstances it seems fairly reasonable that a system that is within range may miss out on the data exchange for whatever reason.

TRACER0218 17 posts since
Jun 28, 2010
Apr 10, 2012 7:32 AM in response to: CORNGAMER1
Re: Streetpass Not Working But Then Working?

I will sometimes have the same issue with tagging the other system in this house. I'll get the LED notification, and when I check for tags, it confirms for most games. Sometimes it will exclude the Mii Plaza or Kid Icarus, or even Mario Kart, but it doesn't really bug me. I can tag the same person up to three times a day (every 8 or so hours you can retag) so it really isn't a big deal to me, especially since I completed all of the panels (minus pink pieces) and have all the hats from FMII, just waiting on a few accomplishments, then I'll be done with Mii Plaza again. :|

Whoa got sidetracked there. Anyway, sometimes when I go down the street to try and tag my friends, I'll get a notification with the LED light, but won't actually tag them. I think it's just telling me there are other 3DS systems nearby since it will blink several times before staying on.

On a stranger note, my friends will have a tag from me when I haven't gotten tags from them at all. That's what confuses me.

Anyway, I'm sure it's not really a problem, to be honest. You'll get your tags every now and then, and some other times you won't get a tag at all.

If you guys live together, you'll tag each other everyday, so there is nothing to worry about!

But, if it gets to the point where you aren't tagging at all, that might be a wireless problem. I find that if you are on the Internet/Wi-Fi with the 3DS, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET A TAG. That's why I always warn my friends when I'm coming over, because if they are online, they'll get a StreetPass notification, but we won't actually be able to exchange data, so we have to wait another 8 hours or so..

But this is all just from my experience. I honestly have no idea what the problem could be.

Keep me posted though!

-regards

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)