Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
28,909 Views 9 Replies Last post: Jun 18, 2012 3:04 AM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
JOOP93 2 posts since
Apr 14, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 14, 2012 7:33 PM

Wii Pin Number???

I Have A Wii And I Went To get the coins for having it. I typed in the serial no but it need a pin number thingy. i looked alot of times and found there is no phamplet  in it! i need that so i can get the coins but i dont have it inside there??????  How do i get the code :3.

34547A 9 posts since
Sep 2, 2011
Jun 20, 2012 6:16 PM in response to: JOOP93
Re: Wii Pin Number???

Check for the red club nintendo pamplet.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Apr 14, 2012 8:44 PM in response to: JOOP93

A red sheet of paper with the Club Nintendo PIN is included in the box of every new Wii.

If you have looked through your box thoroughly, and the sheet is not there, then call Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week), and they may be able to get you your Coins.

MYNICESCREENNAME 136 posts since
Jul 1, 2011
Apr 15, 2012 3:52 PM in response to: MACHBIKER

MACHBIKER  wrote:

A red sheet of paper with the Club Nintendo PIN is included in the box of every new Wii.

If you have looked through your box thoroughly, and the sheet is not there, then call Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week), and they may be able to get you your Coins.

So, if someone bought a used Wii. They can call Nintendo to get a new pin?

I guess people can do that with used games too.

Oct 20, 2011
Apr 15, 2012 4:18 PM in response to: MYNICESCREENNAME

No, Nintendo would never do that.  Used games and systems represent a huge financial loss to video game publishers.  Also, since many people try to sell off their games and systems when they are broken, it would appear that Nintendo endorses the faulty products if they decided to give PINs for used items.

MYNICESCREENNAME 136 posts since
Jul 1, 2011
Apr 15, 2012 4:32 PM in response to: MACHBIKER

MACHBIKER  wrote:

No, Nintendo would never do that.  Used games and systems represent a huge financial loss to video game publishers.  Also, since many people try to sell off their games and systems when they are broken, it would appear that Nintendo endorses the faulty products if they decided to give PINs for used items.

I never buy used (unless I can't find it new), because some retailers/publishers like to offer pre-order bonuses and what not. If XSeed Games give NA a Limited Edition for The Last Story, I would change my regular edition order to a limited edition imediately. Limited Editions/Pre-order bonuses is why I buy new games and pre-order them from reputable retailers.

On topic:

But how would Nintendo know if someone is legitimately telling the truth when they claim stuff like: "Lost pin with new wii", "No pin with new game", "Pin already used from new game", etc?

I see those kinds of topic on the tech forum frequently.

Oct 20, 2011
Apr 15, 2012 4:46 PM in response to: MYNICESCREENNAME
But how would Nintendo know if someone is legitimately telling the truth when they claim stuff like: "Lost pin with new wii", "No pin with new game", "Pin already used from new game", etc?

There isn't really a way to determine if the person is telling the truth or not.  I suppose that individual representatives must make judgement calls.  Since someone could theoretically type in random codes that they did not buy anything for, Nintendo must give PINs to at least a few people who claim these sorts of things.

429EVINESTVICKSBURG 2 posts since
Jun 17, 2012
Jun 17, 2012 5:40 PM in response to: JOOP93

what is it?

NIGHTFIRE5 3,743 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jun 18, 2012 3:04 AM in response to: 429EVINESTVICKSBURG

429EVINESTVICKSBURG  wrote:

what is it?

As a friendly reminder, please don't go around bumping old threads.

To answer your question though, a PIN number (or PIN code as some like to call it), is a special code that can be found bundled with Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL, and Nintendo 3DS systems, as well as select games available for these systems. After purchasing a game or console that contains a PIN number, users can create an account on Club Nintendo, Nintendo of America's Loyalty Rewards Program. By entering these PIN codes in to your Club Nintendo account, you'll earn digital Coins. Once you've saved up some Coins, you can then trade these Coins in for special Nintendo themed rewards, such as a tote bag, shoelaces, poster sets, notebooks, and even downloadable games for your Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii consoles. If you collect 300 or 600 Coins in a Club Nintendo year (which runs from June 30 to July 1), you'll also be able to get an extra, special, free reward at the end of the Club Nintendo year.

Generally speaking, the PIN codes are found on papers that mention Club Nintendo, and the codes look something like "XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX". Most any Nintendo published game (Super Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, The Legend of Zelda, etc.) will have a PIN code such as this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)