Skip navigation
4,745 Views 3 Replies Last post: Apr 19, 2012 4:02 PM by SPECSROCK
RSS
KIITY47 1 posts since
Apr 16, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 16, 2012 6:43 PM

My R Shoulder Button On My 3DS Does Not Work

Well... I Was Playing Mario Kart 7 Online And When I Was Drifting My Kart Just Stoped Drifting I Asked My Friends On Swap Note How I Could Fix It And They Said To Suck The Dust Out Or Blow But That Did Not Work And My Warrenty Is Expired! ;(

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Apr 16, 2012 6:48 PM in response to: KIITY47
Re: My R Shoulder Button On My 3DS Does Not Work

Don't use the blowing trick, since the moisture from your breath can easily corrode the inside of the system.  Also, that trick is really only effective with the DSi, DS Lite, and original DS, since the shoulder buttons are designed differently on the 3DS.

As for the warranty, all you have to do is register your 3DS's serial number on Club Nintendo and you will get a free 90-day extension on your warranty.  After you register it, your warranty will be valid, and you can then schedule a repair by calling Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week).

SPECSROCK 184 posts since
Nov 16, 2011
Apr 19, 2012 4:02 PM in response to: MACHBIKER

MACHBIKER  wrote:

Don't use the blowing trick, since the moisture from your breath can easily corrode the inside of the system.  Also, that trick is really only effective with the DSi, DS Lite, and original DS, since the shoulder buttons are designed differently on the 3DS.

As for the warranty, all you have to do is register your 3DS's serial number on Club Nintendo and you will get a free 90-day extension on your warranty.  After you register it, your warranty will be valid, and you can then schedule a repair by calling Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week).

Definetely DO NOT do the blowing trick unless you KNOW you can do it without damaging your system.  In other words, don't do it. But do take Machbiker's advice and get a repair; broken R bumpers really hamper gameplay.

CPM 1,235 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 17, 2012 9:58 AM in response to: KIITY47

you will have to send the 3ds in for repairs to do so call nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)