Skip navigation
12,607 Views 4 Replies Last post: Apr 28, 2012 3:30 AM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
B-BALLSTAR 20 posts since
Mar 12, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 26, 2012 6:32 AM

QR code on eShop?

Why is there a QR code on eshop? I looked up eshop qr codes and found a qr code but it said "This software is not currently available". 

CHARIBLAZE1 289 posts since
Jun 10, 2010
Apr 26, 2012 3:06 PM in response to: B-BALLSTAR
Re: QR code on eShop?

I can't speak based on a source, but here are my assumptions: The QR Code feature is meant to compliment/replace the download code feature. It could be used for providing review copies, prizes, Club Nintendo prizes, etc. Basically, you'll get a special one-time use QR code from somewhere, and you'll be scanning it with the camera, no code input required. I can also see it being used for the apparent eShop that will be launched as a website: Buy a game, scan a code, done.

SHIGERUMYAMOTOFAN13 217 posts since
Apr 4, 2010
Apr 26, 2012 3:36 PM in response to: CHARIBLAZE1

That's pretty much true according to Wikipedia, you can purchase or download games with QR codes.

WATERGAMER 2 posts since
Apr 24, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 5:04 PM in response to: SHIGERUMYAMOTOFAN13

I think this is meant to be able to scan friends' games so you can both have the same game without having to buy two.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,640 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Apr 28, 2012 3:30 AM in response to: WATERGAMER

WATERGAMER  wrote:

I think this is meant to be able to scan friends' games so you can both have the same game without having to buy two.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't even make sense.

Anyhow, B-BallStar, I would say that Chariblaze1 has the best answer for the time being. Nintendo will eventually say something, but when you think about it, it does make sense. For example, you could get a download code for a Virtual Console game from the eShop via Club Nintendo, and then find a QR code in a magazine like Nintendo Power for a free downloadable item for a game such as Fire Emblem: Awakening which you can then scan and redeem in the eShop.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)