Skip navigation
24,305 Views 8 Replies Last post: Apr 19, 2010 5:07 PM by DA_GLITCH
RSS
DA_GLITCH 6 posts since
Apr 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 17, 2010 1:36 PM

Pokemon HeartGold: The saved data could not be accessed...

When I place my month-old Pokemon HeartGold game into my Nintendo DS or Nintendo DSi I recieve the error message:

"The saved data could not be accessed. Please turn off the Nintendo DS and reinsert the Game Card," more or less.

This has been going on continually for a week or two, only for this game, and I have some questions:

Is it possible for me to access my game?

Can I save the game at all?

Is it possible for me to save my pokemon (that I have been training since 2007)?

And if I can't save my data, do I have to renew my data or replace the game card entirely?

(P.S. I have not been near a magnet or used cheats on my game.)

HELLO-LINK 63 posts since
Apr 13, 2010
Apr 18, 2010 1:05 PM in response to: DA_GLITCH
Re: Pokemon HeartGold: The saved data could not be accessed...

My copy of HeartGold and my brother's copy of SoulSilver have gotten this message before. I merely wiped the cards off and both worked fine afterwards. The only two possibilities for this that I can think of aside from the two you mentioned is dirt/dust/anything on the game card and the system itself. With that said, if you have another DS floating about, you might want to try your game on it just to make sure that the latter's not the case.

But no, so long as it says it can't read the data you can't access it (unless you hack it or something, though I'm not necessarily going to recommend that unless you know what you're doing).

HELLO-LINK 63 posts since
Apr 13, 2010
Apr 18, 2010 2:39 PM in response to: DA_GLITCH

In my case I merely wiped it off with my shirt, even though it's not the greatest idea. Something similar to what you might use for cleaning a disc or a Q-tip should be decent enough.

CATONFIRE 93 posts since
Apr 19, 2010
Apr 19, 2010 3:46 PM in response to: DA_GLITCH

you could try calling or E-mailing nintendo to see if theres a way to recover your save data. However I have received this error message on Pokémon pearl once or twice but I have no clue why.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,075 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 19, 2010 4:57 PM in response to: DA_GLITCH

DA_GLITCH  wrote:

Thanks, that is a possibility.

Could you perhaps point me in the direction of the correct Nintendo e-mail address to help me address this issue?

If you do not want to use Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, then you could use their webform to email them.:)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)