Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
57,715 Views 9 Replies Last post: May 16, 2012 5:40 PM by ELFIEK
RSS
TNT44 3 posts since
May 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 10, 2012 7:07 PM

Netflix not working.

My Netflix app wasnt working properly on my wii so I called Netflix and reinstalled the app (went through all the steps) and that whole day Netflix was working fine, except that when I tried to turn off the wii it just went on standby. That was yesterday, today when I went to use Netflix, it wasn't working again (a few movie titles load but nothing plays) so I tried to turn the wii back off but it's still on standby mode. Why can't I get netflix to work, and why is my wii on standby?

CHARIBLAZE1 289 posts since
Jun 10, 2010
May 11, 2012 1:38 AM in response to: TNT44
Re: Netflix not working.

Oddly enough, I'm also having this issue.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
May 11, 2012 10:38 AM in response to: TNT44

TNT44  wrote:

... why is my wii on standby?

Your Wii is on StandBy because you have WiiConnect24 turned on.  When the Wii is on, and you push the power button, the Wii will go into StandBy mode, and may get updates for its channels over the internet.

If your Wii is on and you want to turn it completely off, press and hold the power button for a few seconds, and the red light will turn on, indicating that the Wii is off.  If you never want your Wii to go into standby mode, go into the Wii settings and disable WiiConnect24.

I personally leave WiiConnect24 on and always put the Wii in Standby mode when I am not using it.

I'm sorry, but I have no advice about NetFlix.

JAGERBOBOMB 1 posts since
May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 11:01 PM in response to: TNT44

I'm having the exact same issue. It's been going on for about a week now, and I've called Netflix and they didn't help at all. They had told me to click Wii Options > Data Management > Save Data > Wii > Click the Netflix block, erase it and then go back to the Wii menu, click the Netflix block and sign in and everything goes back to normal but it only lasts that one time and then it dies again. I tried erasing the entire thing tonight and it still didn't work. Frustrating!!

ITSNOEY 1 posts since
May 14, 2012
May 14, 2012 8:04 PM in response to: TNT44

I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION!!

okay

try this!!:

1: go to wii settings

2: go to calendar

: DOUBLE..NO...TRIPLE CHECK DATE!

4: QUADROUPLE CHECK YOUR TIME!!

mine was an hour behind!! and a few minutes!!

once i fixed it (calculate your 24 hr time!! i almost didnt catch the hour difference!!)

you dont even need to reboot!!

worked instantly!

gotta love figuring things out yourself

*bows*

FREEMOM48930 1 posts since
May 15, 2012
May 15, 2012 7:07 PM in response to: ITSNOEY

Thanks for the advice but did you have to reboot?  (I just did the steps you suggested and I too was one hour and a few minutes off but no change in my service.)

ELFIEK 1 posts since
May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 5:40 PM in response to: ITSNOEY

This Worked!!!!!!!! I did all the others but this one stuck!

please give it a try!

ANTOINETTELOVESLINK 1 posts since
May 14, 2012
May 14, 2012 9:50 PM in response to: TNT44

I've also been experiencing this problem.  A couple days ago I tried the uninstall/reinstalling fix, but that didn't work.  I may look at doing the calendar thing that was suggested.

edit- My wii informed me it was December 25th, 2004.  However, correcting this did nothing for netflix.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)