Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,666 Views 1 Reply Last post: May 11, 2012 12:34 PM by BEARDEDONE
RSS
JOHNDAVISFES 1 posts since
May 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 11, 2012 11:39 AM

Wii Wireless Connection Speed

I'm having terrible issues with my Wii Wireless Connection speed.  Specifically, I'm always getting less than 1Mbps despite clocking around 12Mbps - 20Mbps wired.  It also is showing as 5 bars and is relatively close to the wii (next room).

Model: RVL-001 (USA)

Router: Netgear N300 Wireless Router
Model: WNR2000v2

IP for Wii is set to static
Channel: Tried 1, 11, auto
Mode: Tried each option: Up to 54 Mbps, Up to 145 Mbps, Up to 300 Mbps.  Up to 300 Mbps seemed to make the most difference positively
Security: None, theoretically should increase speeds.
SSID Broadcast On
DNS: Set to Google
DMZ: Set on, Wii ip entered
MTU Size: 1500 (was not allowed to set to auto or  0 as suggested on the wii router connection help for this model)

Steps Taken:
Moved Physical Location of Router
Power Cycled ALL Equipment
Updated All Firmware for All Hardware Involved
Each channel using the connection updated, uninstalled, reinstalled.  (Netflix, Wii, Internet Channel).
Other computers taken off network during tests.

Also, I'd like my name changed here.   Anything random or whatever would be fine. Your form would not allow me to enter different information.  If necessary I can post that request in the appropriate forum as well.

BEARDEDONE 1,618 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
May 11, 2012 12:34 PM in response to: JOHNDAVISFES
Re: Wii Wireless Connection Speed

That actually sounds about right for the Wii.  Unfortunately, there are factors other than the wireless connection speed that limit the download speed of the Wii.  One of the biggest limitations is the small amount of RAM in the Wii, which results in very sporadic, inefficient use of the network connection.

If you would like to change your name on this forum, PM an NOA Tech, like NOA_TECH_JANE

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)