Skip navigation
76,919 Views 7 Replies Last post: Apr 21, 2010 5:33 PM by KS8_2007
RSS
JIM307 1 posts since
Apr 18, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 18, 2010 4:54 AM

Rock Band  for wii guitar won't sync anymore

I have a wireless guitar that will not sync anymore with my wii counsol. any suggestions on how to fix this?

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 18, 2010 7:13 AM in response to: JIM307
Re: Rock Band  for wii guitar won't sync anymore

Couple questions for you:

- Is the guitar an official device or is third-party?

- Do the LED lights blink when you try to connect?

- Did you try replacing your batteries?

SPEEDYK2000 3 posts since
Apr 21, 2010
Apr 21, 2010 12:25 PM in response to: KS8_2007

I have this same issue.

To answer your questions:

- Is the guitar an official device or is third-party?: The guitar is an official device (got it with the Rock Band game)

- Do the LED lights blink when you try to connect?: The LED lights blink, and will connect but only for a short time, then the guitar loses it's connection

- Did you try replacing your batteries?: I have tried putting new batteries in, but the problem persists

Any advice?

427 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 21, 2010 3:06 PM in response to: SPEEDYK2000

I would recommend clearing the SYNC memory and try to sync the guitar again. To clear the SYNC memory:

Turn the on Wii console. When you see the Health and Safety screen, open the small flap on the front of the Wii console to find a red button labeled "SYNC."

Press and hold the SYNC Button down for 15 seconds. This will clear all the syncs on the Wii.

With the first Wii Remote you wish to sync, remove the battery cover on the back of the Wii Remote to find a small red button just below the batteries.

Press and release the small red button just below the batteries on the Wii Remote; the blue lights on the front of the Wii Remote will blink.

Quickly press and release the red SYNC button on the inside of the white flap on the front of the Wii console.

When the Player LED blinking stops and stays lit, the syncing is complete. The LED that is illuminated indicates the player number (1 through 4).

This sync procedure must be followed for each additional Wii Remote added to the system.

Apr 21, 2010
Apr 21, 2010 3:28 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JAKE

I tried doing this, however it didn't work.  It should be noted that my guitar does not have a Wii controller that clips into it.  Rather it is basically has everything built into it. 

It has a reset "red type" button on it as well, but following the process you mentioned using the guitar's button didn't work.

Any other advice?

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 21, 2010 3:15 PM in response to: SPEEDYK2000

Did you try re-syncing them, the way you're supposed to when you first purchase the device? It seems like this issue is pretty common.

Apr 21, 2010
Apr 21, 2010 3:37 PM in response to: KS8_2007

I followed the instructions in the box about how to sync it.  "1. plug in the usb adaptor, 2. press the connect button on the guitar, 3. press the activate button on the guitar"

This didn't work, the guitar connected for about a 5 seconds (the player 2 light stayed solid), and then disconnected (all lights started blinking).

Any other advice?

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 21, 2010 5:33 PM in response to: SPEEDYK2000

Have you tried contacting the developers directly? Since this is a common problem amongst consumers, they likely have information and CSR's prepared for handling this issue. Let me know if you need further direction.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)