Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
39,734 Views 4 Replies Last post: May 25, 2012 10:22 AM by BEARDEDONE
RSS
DILLONSTOVERN 1 posts since
May 24, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 24, 2012 10:13 AM

DSi Support

Havent used my DSi in a very long time and cannot remember the 4-digit number to access parental controls or the secret question. It gives me the inquiry number but i do not have a phone to call Nintendo with. Can I get the master code online from Nintendo?

NOA_TECH_BRYCE 88 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
May 24, 2012 6:47 PM in response to: DILLONSTOVERN
Re: DSi Support

Hello DILLONSTOVERN,

If you are unsure of your Parental Control PIN number, we do offer assistance via the Nintendo DSi support site. Click here to find instructions on how to remove the parental controls.

-NOA_TECH_BRYCE

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
May 25, 2012 7:09 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_BRYCE

Now, wait a minute.  I was chastised by an NOA_TECH for posting a link to a 3rd party tool that allowed you to unlock your PIN by entering the code from the DSi.  I was told that Nintendo wants the users to call them if they forget their PIN, and my post was deleted:

Hi,

I've had to remove one of your posts because it contained a link to a third-party, web-based tool used to unlock the parental controls on Nintendo systems. We do ask that consumers contact Nintendo directly to reset their parental controls. Because of this I have removed the post that contained the link.

Thanks,

NOA_Tech_

Now you have your own online tool that does the same thing?

If someone asks about this again, is it OK if I answer by pointing to the link provided by NOA_TECH_BRYCE?  Normally, I would just assume that the answer to this question is "yes"; however, such an assumption seems to contradict the message I received before.

NOA_TECH_MIKA 394 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
May 25, 2012 9:58 AM in response to: BEARDEDONE

Hi,

Sorry if we caused some confusion. Let me clarify.  The webpage that NOA_TECH_BRYCE linked to is perfectly fine to direct other users to as it’s an official Nintendo support page.  The Nintendo webpage still directs you to contact Nintendo before providing you with a master key to unlock the parental controls.

Hope this clears things up.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
May 25, 2012 10:22 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_MIKA

NOA_TECH_MIKA  wrote:

Hi,

Sorry if we caused some confusion. Let me clarify.  The webpage that NOA_TECH_BRYCE linked to is perfectly fine to direct other users to as it’s an official Nintendo support page.  The Nintendo webpage still directs you to contact Nintendo before providing you with a master key to unlock the parental controls.

Hope this clears things up.

So, you're saying that you can only use the web tool on Nintendo's support site when there are NOA representatives available (6a-7p PST) .  Otherwise, there would be nobody available for the online chat to give you the master key.  Is that right?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)