Skip navigation
6,252 Views 2 Replies Last post: May 25, 2013 10:35 AM by BOLEEKONZUKI
RSS
HMOONCOW88 3 posts since
Jun 14, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 14, 2012 2:14 AM

Pokemon White WiFi: DSi Works/3DS Doesn't?

I recently got back into playing Pokemon White, and I've been having a bit of a hard time trying to get things working so that I can use the GTS and the other features on my 3DS. I'll try to be as detailed as I can think to be, if there is anything I miss please let me know.

First off, the last time I played this game we had an ooooooooooooooooold wireless router. We now have a Linksys E4200 and it has a WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode security code according to the router settings. All the other features of the 3DS work, I haven't had any sort of trouble with it (other than a broken top screen that was repaired) the entire time I've owned the system and it was a day one pre-order pickup. The game was purchased well after release, and it has always been used with the 3DS as far as I can remember, not 100% on that one though. I can use the eShop and my 3DS games connect no problem. It's only when I try to connect to any of the WiFi features of Pokemon White that I run into trouble. I have not tried any of my other DS games, and I actually don't think I have any other DSi enhanced games anyway. I have tried the GTS and the Game Sync specifically. Each time I run into the error code 20109. When I try to connect the game does the usual "Connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi" screen, and I do see it trying to connect. I'm quite close to the router so it's full green bars. Then the signal drops to red and I get the error 20109 screen. I have tried everything I can think of, I do have access to the router's settings, but I can't change much because it's not my router, it's my family's and we just had to use my computer to set it up. If I can I'd like to avoid anything that would cause everyone to need to reset their settings. I did check for (and installed) the latest firmware update for the router and rechecked everything (eShop, GTS, Game Sync, etc) after the update.

After typing all that out I also just tried the game with my DSi and it is able to connect to the GTS and everything like it should, so at least I can use that for now. I would much rather just use my 3DS though. I did notice when the DSi was setting up the new access point that it asked for a WPA2-PSK (TKIP) security code. I just tried changing the 3DS Internet settings to use TKIP instead of the AES setting it defaults to and it still dies out in the middle of connecting. This is leading me to believe this is an issue with the DSi mode on the 3DS and not the router, and even more confusing since the eShop and 3DS games do work even with the changed setting. Unless there is some different way the DSi mode on the 3DS works compared to how the original DSi works I don't know what could possibly be wrong.

All in all... I be confuzed. DSi works and 3DS doesn't. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

BOLEEKONZUKI 7 posts since
May 25, 2013
Currently Being Moderated
May 25, 2013 10:35 AM in response to: HMOONCOW88
Re: Pokemon White WiFi: DSi Works/3DS Doesn't?

Did that, didn't work >.> Help?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)