Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
11,556 Views 3 Replies Last post: Apr 20, 2010 5:24 PM by ONE-OF-THREE
RSS
104 posts since
Apr 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 18, 2010 2:15 PM

Dsi R button not working

can someone help me out. I have a dsi and whenever I play mario and luigi bowser's inside story, ( or any other game it also occurs with dsiware) the r button does not work. Please I want help but please don't tell me to turn it in to nintendo because again, I have no money and I feel like panicking.

DG713 238 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 18, 2010 4:10 PM in response to: LINKANDPIKACHUBOY
Re: Dsi R button not working

First off, if you end up needing to send it too nintendo, don't fret as the repair is free provided you are still under warranty (which you should be unless you bought the system before April 18th 2009 and did not register it on Club Nintendo.) Second, try taking a can of compressed air and spraying some under the button. Please don't blow into the DSi as the condensation from your breath may damage the system. You can purchase a can of compressed air at any hardware store.

ONE-OF-THREE 5,697 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 20, 2010 5:24 PM in response to: LINKANDPIKACHUBOY
Re: Dsi R button not working

LINKANDPIKACHUBOY  wrote:

how could the condensation damage the dsi

Condensation or any type of moisture will cause rust to begin on metal parts, which could be inside of the DSi, such as the wires, soldered joints, circuit board, or externally on the contacts on which the DSi connects to the video game pak, making it hard for the DSi to read and/or play the video game.

Another problem with blowing into a video game device, is that the moisture can get on or inside the LCD screens and create a film or fog appearance on the screen that may not disappear if the moisture becomes trapped inside of the screen(s).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)