Skip navigation
8,919 Views 11 Replies Last post: Jun 25, 2012 11:46 AM by FITHEMASTERSWORD
RSS
FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,458 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 20, 2012 2:35 PM

Putting a DS Game in Sleep Mode

When I play DS games on my 3DS, every now and then I have to tend to something else, so I shut the system. However, the system doesn't pause the game. (Example: I start a turn in Pokemon, I close the system, 10 min. later, I open the system, the turn's over) This only occurs wih DS games. Can anyone give me a solution or an explanation? Thanks.

UNLIMITED1UP 45 posts since
Jun 8, 2011
Jun 25, 2012 10:02 AM in response to: FI THE MASTER SWORD
Re: Putting a DS Game in Sleep Mode

Have you tried leaving the 3ds open instead of closing it? This might eliminate the problem.

Jun 8, 2011
Jun 25, 2012 10:39 AM in response to: FI THE MASTER SWORD

What about if you plugged it into the charger for the time being that your away then you unplug it when you come back?

Jun 8, 2011
Jun 25, 2012 10:52 AM in response to: FI THE MASTER SWORD

Press the power button and two options should appear shutdown system and sleep mode put it in sleep mode.

GLACIUSX25 1,984 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Jun 25, 2012 11:22 AM in response to: UNLIMITED1UP

UNLIMITED1UP  wrote:

Press the power button and two options should appear shutdown system and sleep mode put it in sleep mode.

The option to go into sleep mode via the Power Button was removed with the first update.

And pressing the power button during anything will CLOSE the application, it won't pause. He'll lose all progress.

Closing the DS SHOULD cause sleep mode. The only exceptions are during multiplayer games, or a game like Animal Crossing, where real time is important.

I just tested closing my 3DS with Mario Hoops 3 on 3 in it, it paused (well, it didn't open the pause menu, but nothing occured while it was closed, the time remaining was the same)

GLACIUSX25 1,984 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Jun 25, 2012 11:35 AM in response to: FI THE MASTER SWORD

FI THE MASTER SWORD  wrote:

Okay, thanks. I guess Pokemon Black is one of those games needing real time.

Well Pokemon Black should also go in sleep mode (I just tested it).

And I also found out the solution.

Is your C-Gear on? C-gear counts as wireless activity, and so the system cannot enter Sleep Mode.

Turn off the C-gear, it should work.

With C-gear: Went into battle, used slash, before the animation closed my 3DS. Opened it up, battle was over.

Without C-gear; Same thing. Opened it up, started using slash.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)