Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
27,280 Views 9 Replies Last post: Nov 19, 2012 2:53 PM by MACHBIKER
RSS
DANIELPLAYS2MUCHDS 4 posts since
Jul 9, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 9, 2012 8:32 AM

DSi "An error has occurred" message

I have a DSi that is getting this message: An error has occurred. Press and hold powerbutton to turn the system off.

It gets the error message everytime I click on any of the options on touch screen. I have tried several different game cards and they all show up on the screen but when I click the game icon both screens go black and the error message comes up.  I would think that if I was able to get into the system tools I would be able to format it, but choosing system tools on the screen also gets the error.

The only thing I can work on it is the camera but only by using the L/R bumpers. Pics will also save using the L/R buttons but when I try to touch the camera icon on the screen it goes into the error so I can't view them once saved.

Anyone know of any tips or tricks to get it working.  Thanks

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Jul 9, 2012 8:38 AM in response to: DANIELPLAYS2MUCHDS
Re: DSi "An error has occurred" message

It looks like your DSi has become corrupted, and it will no longer be able to open up a game or application in it's current state.  You will have to get a repair, and you can schedule one by calling Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week).

Has a device such as Action Replay ever been used on this DSi?  We have heard of system failures caused by this.

Oct 20, 2011
Jul 9, 2012 8:50 AM in response to: DANIELPLAYS2MUCHDS

Well, used games and systems have a reputation for having problems.  Action Replay is a hacking device that attaches to the game slot and the cartridge, not software.  While the previous owner may have used it, there is nothing you can do about it now.

Oct 20, 2011
Jul 9, 2012 9:18 AM in response to: DANIELPLAYS2MUCHDS

I'm afraid that it is a complete loss.  Even if there was one part that could be repaired or replaced, we are not supposed to recommend home repairs (due to potential damage).  However, your DSi is completely broken.

Nintendo can repair this for you, and a typical repair costs around $75.  However, since Action Replay may have been used on this DSi, there is a chance Nintendo might refuse to do so.

DSISOONEROWNER 1 posts since
Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 10:36 PM in response to: DANIELPLAYS2MUCHDS

It works for me too, just swap the WIFI modules or get a new one that's the solution. Thanks.

DDTW 1 posts since
Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 2:05 PM in response to: DANIELPLAYS2MUCHDS

Have you tryed blowing dsi and the dsi card or have you took the battery out

Oct 20, 2011
Nov 19, 2012 2:53 PM in response to: DDTW

Blowing onto the contacts isn't a good idea, as moisture from your breath can easily cause corrosion.  Also, please don't bump old threads.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)