Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,250 Views 6 Replies Last post: Jul 27, 2012 8:06 AM by CM223
RSS
STARTRREK123 14 posts since
Apr 13, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 23, 2012 5:27 PM

lost charger

I lost my Dsi XL's charger, but I got a nintendo certified gamestop ds charger with a dsi extension thing that plugs into the system. Everytime I charge it, it won't fully charge, instead, i have to hold it in with my left hand so i could use my right hand. I'm gonna get a new one soon, but i need some advice on how to keep it fully charged. Also, i got the system in 12/25/10, would there be a chance that it had 500 charges, cause I forgot how many.

LAURAMARQUEZ22 49 posts since
May 12, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 5:31 PM in response to: STARTRREK123
Re: lost charger

it has to charge by its self actually you dont need to hold it there might of been a problem with the one you bought from gamestop or there might be a problem with the place you connect the charger on the dsi if thats the case you should send it in for a repair.Hope this helped.

LAURAMARQUEZ22 49 posts since
May 12, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 5:43 PM in response to: STARTRREK123

Try giving nintendo a call there may be a problem with your ds

1-800-255-3700

NIGHTFIRE5 3,412 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jul 24, 2012 5:05 PM in response to: STARTRREK123

Many stores also sell official Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo DSi/ Nintendo DSi XL Chargers in store, and they sell for around $10-$15. By purchasing a licensed charger from a store, you should have no problem with your system charging, unless there's something wrong with the system itself. You should also, at the very least, be able to order one directly from Nintendo using their online store.

However, if a licensed charger doesn't fix your problem, then your Nintendo DS system will most likely be in need of a repair. Even if you take the utmost of a system, sometimes something inside just goes wrong, and it's nobody's fault. If your mother won't let you call Nintendo of America yourself, have her call Nintendo for you. As stated before, the toll-free number is 1-800-255-3700. Since it's toll-free, that means there is no charge for calling. A repair for a Nintendo DSi system though tends to run roughly in the $75-$100 range mostly, depending on what the problem is. Or you could always try to set-up a repair online using their webform.

CM223 25 posts since
Mar 18, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 8:06 AM in response to: STARTRREK123

STARTRREK123  wrote:

Also, i got the system in 12/25/10, would there be a chance that it had 500 charges, cause I forgot how many.

About that: I've had my DS Lite since May 2008. It still works perfect, the hinge is obviously cracked, aha.. The 500 charges thing is true sometimes; sometimes not! I am still able to charge the DS lite perfectly and fully. However in 2010, I did encounter some weird problems with the charging with my DSL but I bought a new one. Just buy a new one. Trust me; the USB chargers and all of that 3rd party accessories don't often work. I even think it makes it worse. Make sure you buy the WAP-002 model. Which is also compatible for the Nintendo 3DS and DSi.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)