Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
10,811 Views 10 Replies Last post: Aug 15, 2012 1:06 PM by FITHEMASTERSWORD
RSS
MARIOKART7HOPEFULLY 206 posts since
Dec 17, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 7, 2012 12:56 PM

SD Card Transfer

Can you save game save files onto the Wii's SD Card? If not, can you tranfer that file onto it? I'm pretty sure you can but I just want to be sure.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,437 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jul 31, 2012 6:27 AM in response to: MARIOKART7HOPEFULLY
Re: SD Card Transfet

MARIOKART7HOPEFULLY  wrote:

Can you save game save files onto the Wii's SD Card? If not, can you tranfer that file onto it? I'm pretty sure you can but I just want to be sure.

You can move and copy select Nintendo Wii, WiiWare and Virtual Console game saves that are on a Nintendo Wii console to an SD Card or SDHC Card that is inserted in to your Nintendo Wii console. While downloaded content for select Nintendo Wii games is saved to and accessed from the SD Card while the matching game is being played, such as downloaded songs for Rock Band 3 and The Beatles: Rock Band, the Wii itself does not access save files from the SD Card directly. It can only access game save files that are on a Nintendo Wii console at the current time.

However, save files for any game that features Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection features can not be copied or moved to an SD Card. These games have their save files locked to the Nintendo Wii console. These including Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, Tetris Party, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, GoldenEye 007, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, ExciteBike: World Rally, the Internet Channel, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Wii Speak Channel 2.0, just to name a few examples. Some select Virtual Console games also have the save files locked to a Nintendo Wii system.

AUTOSAVER1 635 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
Aug 3, 2012 2:18 PM in response to: NIGHTFIRE5

To make it a little easier on you

- Games that support Wifi Connection (Online) CAN NOT be transferred

Just a tip, if your Wii gets reformatted you won't be able to put your data on it until you play the respective game for 1 hour. I remember having this issue after my Wii got repaired.

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Aug 6, 2012 9:26 AM in response to: MARIOKART7HOPEFULLY

sorry, but you cannot copy wi-fi enabled games to an SD card and transfer them to another wii. nintendo did this so that people can't cheat, and copy the same online profile to multiple wiis. that would cause chaos

TYLER645 1,015 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Aug 6, 2012 5:10 PM in response to: EARTHBOUND33

Yeah, it would make almost everyone have good online stats, and that would be mayhem.

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Aug 7, 2012 10:48 AM in response to: MARIOKART7HOPEFULLY

yeah well i'm sorry but that's just the way it is. Nintendo's just playing it safe. I also wish that i could transfer my brawl data, but in the end, it's better that we can't. cause cheating is very annoying on online games.

TYLER645 1,015 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Aug 7, 2012 5:15 PM in response to: MARIOKART7HOPEFULLY

Sorry, but that's how things are. Hopefully in the future Nintendo will allow all games to be copied, and make it so just the Wi-Fi parts of games can't be copied.

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,458 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Aug 15, 2012 1:06 PM in response to: MARIOKART7HOPEFULLY

The general save data of games are stored in the game card, so you don't need to worry. However, the streetpass and spotpass data are stored on the SD card, so you just put the SD card from the 3DS into the 3DS XL.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)