Skip navigation
16,359 Views 12 Replies Last post: Sep 18, 2012 3:40 PM by HADAA
RSS
RAFX 7 posts since
Aug 23, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 23, 2012 4:55 AM

3DS XL Repair

I recently sent in my 3DS XL for repairs becuase I had some problems with it and I just have two questions. If i ask in the letter that i would prefer a new 3DS XL system instead of the same repaired one do you think they would give me a new one? Also say if they gave me the same repaired 3DS XL back would they only fix the problem i sent it in for, or will they try to fix everything?

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Aug 23, 2012 7:49 AM in response to: RAFX
Re: 3DS XL Repair

If i ask in the letter that i would prefer a new 3DS XL system instead of the same repaired one do you think they would give me a new one?

They probably wouldn't do that.  An Advanced Replacement only happens if the 3DS XL is too damaged to be repaired.

Also say if they gave me the same repaired 3DS XL back would they only fix the problem i sent it in for, or will they try to fix everything?

Every repair also includes a general check-up of the system, so they will fix everything that is wrong.  If you wish, you can call Nintendo to point out other problems that you want them to fix.

HADAA 292 posts since
Apr 19, 2011
Aug 23, 2012 2:46 PM in response to: RAFX

6 times!? My gosh, how rough on earth were you handling your 3DS? (Or rather, how picky are you?)

If I were you I'd probably just exchange it 2 times since it's only been less than a year and a half since launch, and your warranty covers 15 months if you register it at Club Nintendo.

And it's strictly up to their discretion whether they would repair your system, or just transfer to a new system (to save time, often they will do the latter according to the customer service representative in the NOA headquarters, when they still had the service).

Don't try to intentionally scratch your XL just so you can get a brand new system

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Aug 23, 2012 7:21 PM in response to: RAFX

Don't worry, my friend, you are not alone. I am the same way. I always buy all my systems new and take obsessive compulsive care of them and they are all completetly immaculate since the day i bought them. I wouldn't dare buy a used system with the previous owner's wear and tear. It just doesn't work for me.

JUNEBABY70 1 posts since
Sep 17, 2012
Sep 17, 2012 7:52 PM in response to: RAFX

well here's a pic of  my actual 3dsxl and I'm "very careful" with my handhelds.I'm confident that Nintendo will fix this under the warranty for free.It was nothing I did to it.These spots came from nowhere & I noticed it after the 22nd of August and called Nintendo.The customer service tech was very  nice.Always have had good experiences with Nintendo.This is the 1st time I've ever had to send anything back to Nintendo for repair.I'll keep everyone posted about the outcome.IMG_2479.JPG

ONE-OF-THREE 6,205 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Sep 6, 2012 6:36 PM in response to: RAFX

RAFX  wrote:

So my question to you guys is what do you think I should do next with this situation? (btw those pictures up there are not of my 3DS XL, they are of someone elses with the same problem as me) 

I am truly sorry you are having so many repeated problems with your 3DS XL, but one thing I would try is some screen protectors and see if that will make those spots disappear.

But if that doesn't work and the screen protectors do not make the spots less noticeable, then I would call Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, and ask to speak to a supervisor and request that since you have had so many problems that they should perhaps replace your 3DS XL with a new brand new one.

HADAA 292 posts since
Apr 19, 2011
Sep 18, 2012 3:40 PM in response to: RAFX

I'll have to admit I can never understand people with OCD (like a friend of mine who not only applied sleeves on all of his playing cards but also asked me to wear gloves if I wanted to touch them), but it's your choice.

I mean your XL may be a new born baby now, but 2, 5, or 10 years down the road would it still matter? I don't handle my system roughly, but I use it normally such as putting it in my pocket for streetpassing and letting my friends play with it, knowing I will be trading it for a newer system in the future. Like you said, the $200 price tag is mainly for the gaming potential like new games, streetpass, and sharing, not just for the machine itself. I think this is how you should enjoy your system instead of worrying your head about minor scratches, but of course you may disagree. Good luck with your repair though

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)