Skip navigation
10,083 Views 6 Replies Last post: Jan 27, 2013 11:15 AM by FITHEMASTERSWORD
RSS
*1-UP 1 posts since
Aug 25, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 25, 2012 3:14 PM

3ds not charging

Ive had my 3DS since day one so my warrantys done so i wanted to know if there was a way to fix this withought sending it in. My 3DS suddenly stopped charging. when i plug it in, it does nothing. but when i wiggle it a little and get it into a certain position i can get the charging light to come up for a little untill it blinks rapidly on and off or just turns back off. i thought it might be that the charger is messed up but it works on my brothers. and i thought it could be my 3dss outlet so i tried using the charging cradle instead and when i do that, the charging light turns on but whenever i look back a couple mins later its off again. it also seems that even though the charging light comes on, its not charging or charging very slowly because i tried to hold the charger in place for a while so it could charge but it was still blinking red after 30 mins. Finally i bought a replacement charger to make extra sure and it still dosent work, and i spent my last money on that, so im trying to figure out how to fix this w/o sending it in.

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 3:39 PM in response to: *1-UP
Re: 3ds not charging

Your only choice may be to buy a new battery. Batterys wear out over time, so this could be a problem with the battery. You can only buy 3DS batterys at Nintendo's online store.

Another suggestion: Try removing and reinserting the battery.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Aug 25, 2012 5:56 PM in response to: *1-UP

Here is the 3DS battery that you can try as a replacement.

However, even with heavy use, a battery is unlikely to die out in less than a year and a half.  If a new battery does not work, you may need a repair.  Call Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week) to discuss one.

BUDGIRL72 2 posts since
Jan 26, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 7:00 PM in response to: MACHBIKER

my 3ds is still under warranty so far... my son plays it constantly and watches netlfix.. but now is won't even charge.. i bought the nyko power Pak for the 3ds.. but it still won't charge.. the red light blinks when i turn it on and power it up.. battery show really low.. should i just buy a new battery?  please help..

Message was edited by: BUDGIRL72

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,456 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Jan 26, 2013 7:06 PM in response to: BUDGIRL72

Are you charging through the Nyko power dock? If so, then the 3DS doesn't turn on its charging LED.

If you're charging directly through the system, then that's a problem. Try seeing if the original battery has this problem.

BUDGIRL72 2 posts since
Jan 26, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 10:01 AM in response to: FI THE MASTER SWORD

i took out the original battery and am using the power pak.. or do i need the battery also.. the power pak takes up the space where the battery goes...

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,456 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Jan 27, 2013 11:15 AM in response to: BUDGIRL72

I think you misunderstood what I meant. Are you using this charging dock:

http://thegamershub.net/wp-content/uploads/charge-base-342x291.jpg

If so, then it's normal for the 3DS to not have the charging LED on.

If you're charging directly through the 3DS, then there's a problem.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)