Skip navigation
9,187 Views 5 Replies Last post: Aug 30, 2012 1:29 AM by ZEEMON
RSS
LAOFANG 3 posts since
Aug 29, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 29, 2012 5:52 AM

Brand new 3DS XL wont charge

I received my new 3DS XL today and found out there is problem with charging battery, the charging light wont light at all, it's the same when I used the cradle. I dont have any other console or adapter that I can try it with. Please help !

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Aug 29, 2012 6:54 AM in response to: LAOFANG
Re: Brand new 3DS XL wont charge

Either the battery is defective or the charging light is simply broken.  Will the system turn on or charge the battery at all?

You will probably need to get a repair.  However, if you have not downloaded any games or added money to the eShop, you can simply try to get an exchange at the store where you bought it.  If you have spent money on the eShop, then only Nintendo can make sure that you keep those games.  You can schedule a repair by calling Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week).  The repair will be free and typically takes 7-10 business days.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Aug 29, 2012 7:23 AM in response to: LAOFANG

Warranties are usually activated when a store clerk scans the system's barcode, but since this was sold by an online retailer, it is worth asking them exactly how they activated Nintendo's warranty.

ZEEMON 16 posts since
Aug 28, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 1:29 AM in response to: LAOFANG

I buy most of my games online, but for big ticket items like consoles I always buy local, like at GameStop -- just in case -- since most local stores offer at least a 30-day warranty for free, which covers defects such as what you're experiencing now.  Sure, it may cost you $12 more in sales tax, but it's worth the peace of mind.

Hopefully you can just send it back to that online retailer for a refund, then go to a local store and buy a new one.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)