Skip navigation
7,368 Views 5 Replies Last post: Sep 17, 2012 10:29 PM by BEARDEDONE
RSS
DPBOX 216 posts since
Mar 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 29, 2012 9:45 PM

32 GB SDHC Card

For my birthday which is coming soon. I'm thinking about asking for a 32 GB SDHC Card for my Wii, 3DS, and computer. I want to put everything on my Wii SD card, my 3DS SD card, and everything on my flash drives onto this 32 GB SDHC card.

But, there's a problem with that. Is there any way that I can just take all of the data from my 2 GB SD cards for my 3DS and Wii and just put it all onto the 32 GB SD card and that the systems will recognize the data. How exactly, in great detail, are you supposed to do this?

HADAA 292 posts since
Apr 19, 2011
Aug 29, 2012 11:22 PM in response to: DPBOX
Re: 32 GB SDHC Card

Happy early birthday to you! First of all I advise against putting all your consoles data onto one card, because although Wii and 3DS use different sets of folder names, you might accidentally overwrite or change something when your flash drive data is in the mix. Second, should your 32GB card fail, you lose all three console data. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I assume you already have an SD card each for Wii and for 3DS, so keep using them. Use your 32GB for your flash drive and as a backup for your Wii and 3DS. Simply copy and paste the entire content from one card to another card.

CHARIBLAZE1 289 posts since
Jun 10, 2010
Aug 29, 2012 11:32 PM in response to: HADAA

Yeah, it's unsafe to do everything on one card, and I'd argue pretty inconvenient, and I'd also say that no one would need more than 4 GB for Wii, but if you do want to use one card, follow what this guy said about copying and pasting everything from your current cards, and be adamant in not touching the "private" and "Nintendo 3DS" folders. Those are the system ones that you shouldn't touch when using it for personal storage.

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 7:19 AM in response to: DPBOX
How to Transfer Data Between SD Cards

Description:

Step by step instructions on how to transfer data from one SD Card to another SD Card.

Important Note!

Need: Two compatible SD cards or SDHC cards

Need: An SD Card slot on a PC or Mac or a commercially available SD card reader/writer

Do Not: Alter, move, or erase files in the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Do Not: Overwrite data by recopying to the same SD card.

What to do:

1. Insert the SD card with the Nintendo 3DS data into the SD card slot or the SD card reader/writer.

3. Open Windows Explorer (for PC) or Finder (for Mac) and access the SD card.

5. Highlight the data and drag it to the desktop.

7. Eject the first SD card.

9. Insert the second SD card into the slot or reader/writer.

11. Using Windows Explorer or Finder, locate and access the SD card again.

13. Drag the data from the desktop to the second SD card.

Related Articles:

How to Save Music Files to an SD Card
How to Transfer Data To SD Cards

If you want to transfer stuff from the 2GB card to a 32GB one, follow the steps above from Nintendo's Support Site.
BEARDEDONE 1,635 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Sep 17, 2012 10:29 PM in response to: DPBOX

How to format SD (SDHC or SDXC) card to FAT32:

1. Insert the card into your USB card reader and plug the reader into your computer. If you have an internal card reader, insert the card into the reader port.

2. Right-click on the "Start" button and select "Open "Windows Explorer."
  3. Right-click the SD card in the navigation pane on the left and choose "Format."

4. Make sure that the drive size option is set to the size of your card in the formatting window.

5. Click on the "File System" drop-down menu and change it to "FAT32."

6. Click on "Format" at the bottom of the window and allow the process a few minutes to complete

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)