Skip navigation
3,340 Views 1 Reply Last post: Sep 2, 2012 6:52 PM by MACHBIKER
RSS
IMZLN122 2 posts since
Sep 2, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 2, 2012 6:45 PM

3DS Won't Charge

Alright, so my 3DS has been fine since I got it up until a few months ago. The charger stopped working, and I assumed maybe it was because my rabbit had chewed at it. So, I bought a new one. It worked fine the first few days, but now it won't work either, and my rabbit hasn't been anywhere near this one.

I'm not sure if it's something about the plugs in my house, if it's because my mom sometimes takes the charger out of the plug when it's charging (I don't know if she rips it out or anything, which I'm sure could damage the prongs if she does), or if maybe my 3DS needs a new battery?

I haven't tried charging it with the cradle, since we recently moved and I think it's packed up in a box somewhere.

So do I need to send it in, find the cradle, buy a new battery altogether, get a new charger or what?

I appreciate any help. ^^

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 2, 2012 6:52 PM in response to: IMZLN122
Re: 3DS Won't Charge

If you can find it, use the charging dock.  If it works, then the problem isn't with your battery.

If the charging dock does not work, then you have two options.  First, you can try replacing the battery.  However, the battery might not be the problem, so there is no guarantee that a replacement will work.  Your second option is to get a repair.

The standard warranty lasts one year and can be extended by 90 days if you register the serial number with Club Nintendo.  If your 3DS is in warranty, then you should get the repair and forget a replacement battery.  You can schedule a repair by calling Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)