Skip navigation
6,831 Views 7 Replies Last post: Sep 20, 2012 6:45 PM by NOA_TECH_WALE
RSS
BLASTOFFFORTHEMOON 4 posts since
Sep 15, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 15, 2012 11:19 PM

3ds won't connect to router, security not supported. Never had problems before.

Today, I went to battle on DQMJ: 2 and it wouldn't connect. I got the error code 52000. Well, I removed my connection and went to go redo it. It then said,

"This security type isn't supported."

And yet I've been using my 3DS without any issues until today, it won't even let me search for a access point, what is going on?

I am using a Belkin with WPA, and it worked fine till a few days ago.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
And yet I've been using my 3DS without any issues until today, it won't even let me search for a access point, what is going on?

You mean that in Internet Settings, it won't let you even search for a connection?  You should be able to get a list of access points immediately by selecting "Manual Setup."

You should first delete your current connection and then reestablish it.  If that does not make a difference in the game, then I suggest that you temporarily switch the security to WEP or to no encryption to see if the 3DS can connect then.

If WEP or no encryption does not make a difference, then you will have to manually assign an IP address to your 3DS (here's how).

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
I tried looking up my WEP because it still asks for one, and use it.

But I can't find it anywhere.

Do you mean you don't know your WPA security key?

MARIO 3,289 posts since
Apr 7, 2010

I don't think this game supports WPA at all. DS games that are not DSi-enhanced (such as the Pokemon Black/White games) can only connect with WEP (or no security.) If you want to try connecting, you can try downgrading the security, although I would set it back to WPA when you are finished, as WEP is not considered secure.

NOA_TECH_WALE 94 posts since
Jun 11, 2010

Hi BLASTOFFFORTHEMOON,

If you received an error message saying that a security type is not supported, this means that the Nintendo 3DS is currently only able to see one access point, and that access point happens to be running on WPA which Nintendo DS games do not support.

If you have been able to connect before, it could be because you were using other online functions of the Nintendo 3DS which do support WPA security beforehand. If your router broadcasts on WPA security, your Nintendo DS game will not be able to connect unless the security is changed to WEP or the security is disabled. There may be other options we can try depending on the type of wireless router you have.

If you would like to find out more options, please give us a call at (800) 895-1672. This is our Wi-Fi line and we have representatives who will be happy to assist you. Our ours are 6:00am - 6:30pm, 7 days a week.

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)