Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
46,075 Views 8 Replies Last post: Sep 24, 2012 7:18 AM by GLACIUSX25
RSS
MSMANUELAAA 7 posts since
Sep 19, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 21, 2012 2:30 PM

Are 3DS games compatible with the DSi & What are good games?

Hi again,

I just want to know if the 3DS games are playable/compatible with the DSi. I have searched the store at my place, but there aren't many games that I like. I'm more of a RPG (Pokemon), Action/Adventure kind of player, so I was looking for some games.

Also, am I able to play 3DS games with my DSi even though it's not in 3D? So that the game is in 2D, but working?

GFRJHY 40 posts since
Sep 18, 2012
Sep 21, 2012 2:33 PM in response to: MSMANUELAAA
Re: Are 3DS games compatible with the DSi & What are good games?

i dont think so. i dont hav a dsi but im pretty sure that the 3ds games wont fit in the dsi

ONE-OF-THREE 6,075 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Sep 21, 2012 3:48 PM in response to: GFRJHY

GFRJHY  wrote:

i dont think so. i dont hav a dsi but im pretty sure that the 3ds games wont fit in the dsi

3DSCartridgeSize.jpg

Correct, the 3DS game cartridge has a little extended bump on the side of it so it will only fit into a 3DS and can not be inserted into any of the other DS handhelds.

HADAA 292 posts since
Apr 19, 2011
Sep 21, 2012 7:06 PM in response to: MSMANUELAAA

What the above contributors said.

And it's the contrary of what you said - Purchase a 3DS and you'll be able to play DS(i) games, in 2D, and working.

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Sep 22, 2012 8:06 AM in response to: MSMANUELAAA

Hence the word 3DS. 3DS games will not play, because the 3DS is the only Nintendo system that can play these games. DS, DSlite, DSI and DSIXL are not programmed to display 3D like the 3DS does.

HADAA 292 posts since
Apr 19, 2011
Sep 22, 2012 8:43 AM in response to: MSMANUELAAA

There are still lots of great games in the DS family, like Rhythm Heaven, The World Ends With You, even New Super Mario Bros (1).

Google "Top Nintendo DS games" to see some reviews, and you can wait for the 3DS games a year later

GLACIUSX25 2,013 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Sep 24, 2012 7:18 AM in response to: MSMANUELAAA

MSMANUELAAA  wrote:

@ HADAA: Thanks for the tip!

@ 123Hutch123

"Hence the word 3DS. 3DS games will not play, because the 3DS is the only Nintendo system that can play these games. DS, DSlite, DSI and DSIXL are not programmed to display 3D like the 3DS does."

I know but I thought it'd be a system like the older Gameboy Advance. That console accepts GBC games, but not the other way around

Well I hope you're not getting confused. The 3DS CAN play DS games. It just can't display them in 3D is what he's saying.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)