Skip navigation
8,955 Views 8 Replies Last post: Oct 4, 2012 8:43 PM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
TIMETOPARTYHARD 5 posts since
Mar 7, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 4, 2012 7:36 AM

Pokemon Black/White Mystery Gift Connection

Here's a real head scratcher:  in-game, I am able to connect to the Pokemon Dream World, GTS, etc.  However, in the menu (before loading my saved game), when I try to receive a Mystery Gift, the connection will time out.  No bars will show up on my connection status.  It just searches for a few minutes then nothing.  I can connect to GameStop's open Wi-Fi (and received Keldeo like this yesterday), but I cannot connect at home.  My connection is WPA and configured manually.  Anyone have a suggestion or advice?  Anyone experience the same issue?  I'm hoping it is resolved in B2/W2.  However, if it's not, I'd like to see what I can do on my end (without dumbing my network security down).

HADAA 292 posts since
Apr 19, 2011
Oct 4, 2012 10:32 AM in response to: TIMETOPARTYHARD
Re: Pokemon Black/White Mystery Gift Connection

Any error coded message? Or does it just say "There are no gifts to be found" which is perfectly normal since you're, well, at home and not at GameStop?

Right now the only distribution event is that Keldeo at GameStop, within a 65 feet range.

DONKEYKONG00 426 posts since
Mar 23, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 4:03 PM in response to: TIMETOPARTYHARD

Darkrai was only availabe through a mystery gift in 2009 I believe, and it was only available from the mystery gift from pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Are you sure you mean that you cant connect on black/white? Black and white are DSi enhanced games which means it doesnt matter what network you use, but all pokemon games before that are only supported by WEP.

HADAA 292 posts since
Apr 19, 2011
Oct 4, 2012 6:52 PM in response to: DONKEYKONG00

The latest Darkrai mystery gift was for B/W, through Wi-Fi Connection, from May 8 to June 10, 2012.

Mar 23, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 6:58 PM in response to: HADAA

Ahhh, well I shouldeve done more research on it. I rely upon pokemon marriland, and thanks to them saying there has been no mystery gift on darkrai I didnt get my darkrai. This is really annoying...I couldeve gotten one.....

NIGHTFIRE5 2,936 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Oct 4, 2012 7:18 PM in response to: DONKEYKONG00

DONKEYKONG00  wrote:

Ahhh, well I shouldeve done more research on it. I rely upon pokemon marriland, and thanks to them saying there has been no mystery gift on darkrai I didnt get my darkrai. This is really annoying...I couldeve gotten one.....

You're best to use official sources for news for downloadable Pokemon, such as Pokemon.com or Nintendo.com, rather than a fan site.

However, that being said, there currently are no Mystery Gifts available for download over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. While there is an upcoming download for Genesect which will be available over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, this download is available only for Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 games. The download begins on October 7 2012 and runs until November 12 2012.

Mar 23, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 8:18 PM in response to: NIGHTFIRE5

Thanks!

Not to sway off topic even more, but what other mystery gifts did I miss other than Darkrai?

NIGHTFIRE5 2,936 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Oct 4, 2012 8:43 PM in response to: DONKEYKONG00

DONKEYKONG00  wrote:

Thanks!

Not to sway off topic even more, but what other mystery gifts did I miss other than Darkrai?

Aside from Darkrai, the only ones that I recall being given away through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version were the Liberty Pass which allowed access to Victini, the Winter Suicune, Entei, and Raikou (all shiny Pokemon), the Movie 14 Victini, the Spring Reshiram and Zekrom (depending on which game card you were using), Mighty Mewtwo, and as I stated, the upcoming Genesect download for Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2.

To go back on topic, to the thread starter, have you checked to make sure nothing could be causing wireless interference when you try Mystery Gift?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)