Skip navigation
11,447 Views 5 Replies Last post: Oct 11, 2012 10:55 PM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
HIROTHEHACKER1 3 posts since
Oct 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 10, 2012 9:11 PM

Pokemon Black and White (1 & 2) Wi-Fi trade issues

Ok so i asked the pokemon website about this but they said they can't do anything about it and sent me THIS direction. I'm relying on whoever knows what they're talking about to help me. First I make sure I have my friends friend code added, then I make sure they have MINE. After that when we both connect over Nintendo Wi-Fi we can see eachother in the Wi-Fi room. When we talk to eachother for the other one it says "Has contacted you" but you cannot respond to them. Instead it will make you sit there for 30 seconds before finally saying "insert name" has failed to respond, or "you cannot contact this person", or "Communication Error". We have tried numerous things to try and make it work such as talking to the computer and selecting "Trade" first then having the other talk to you with the A button. It has no effect and just keeps doing what described above.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,516 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Oct 10, 2012 11:27 PM in response to: HIROTHEHACKER1
Re: Pokemon Black and White (1 & 2) Wi-Fi trade issues

HIROTHEHACKER1  wrote:

Ok so i asked the pokemon website about this but they said they can't do anything about it and sent me THIS direction. I'm relying on whoever knows what they're talking about to help me. First I make sure I have my friends friend code added, then I make sure they have MINE. After that when we both connect over Nintendo Wi-Fi we can see eachother in the Wi-Fi room. When we talk to eachother for the other one it says "Has contacted you" but you cannot respond to them. Instead it will make you sit there for 30 seconds before finally saying "insert name" has failed to respond, or "you cannot contact this person", or "Communication Error". We have tried numerous things to try and make it work such as talking to the computer and selecting "Trade" first then having the other talk to you with the A button. It has no effect and just keeps doing what described above.

First, let me ask you a question. What kind of Nintendo DS series of systems are you and your friends using?

NIGHTFIRE5 3,516 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Oct 11, 2012 10:55 PM in response to: HIROTHEHACKER1

HIROTHEHACKER1  wrote:

I'm using a 3DS XL while they're using a DS Lite and DSi

This may seem like a strange solution. Try having everyone, including yourself, turn off the C-Gear before entering the Wi-Fi Room if it's on. I was having a similar problem to what you're having not to long ago. My friend was playing on a Nintendo 3DS and I was playing on a Nintendo DSi. Couldn't connect for nothing, flipped the C-Gear off on my game, linked up no problem. It sounds strange, I know, but it's worth a try.

HADAA 292 posts since
Apr 19, 2011
Oct 11, 2012 12:06 AM in response to: HIROTHEHACKER1

Oh, that happens to me and my friends (30+ and counting) half of the time, and I just shrug it off as a Nintendo server issue, especially when it's crowded with tons of players all over the world around launch day.

A good trick that seems to work 70% of the time (for me) is to, both of you, exit and reenter the Wi-Fi room around the same time. Don't just stay in the room trying different selections, but just exit and reenter. This seems to reestablish the connection and for some reason it mostly works. Try this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)