Skip navigation
23,837 Views 15 Replies Last post: Dec 29, 2012 2:59 PM by FREAKO
RSS
KDKULMAN 4 posts since
Nov 7, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 7, 2012 10:13 AM

Error code: 005-6534 I can't purchase anything on the Eshop with my funds, help!

I added 20$ from a prepaid eshop card to my 3ds last month and I since then I only bought pokemon dream radar (3$ game) and so I have about 17$ left and I'm trying to buy other games now and when I click purchase it says: An error has occured. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please visit support.nintendo.com. And that's where I am now, I've tried it yesterday and wasn't working so I'm tried again today but it still isn't woworking.

How can I buy games? It won't let me purchase them. What's wrong?

MARIO 3,050 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Nov 7, 2012 10:28 AM in response to: KDKULMAN
Re: Error code: 005-6534 I can't purchase anything on the Eshop with my funds, help!

The eShop was in maintenance yesterday. With this error I would just try again later and it should hopefully go through eventually.

SOUPER 2 posts since
Oct 18, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 9:06 AM in response to: MARIO
Sameee.

i'm having the same problem. I get the same error code and I can't purchase games. (Luckily I only had a few dollars) And when I go to location settings my screen gets all fuzzy and my 3DS restarts. The odd thing though, when I purchase a DEMO it works. It also let me update Freakyforms...

MARIO 3,050 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Nov 8, 2012 9:11 AM in response to: SOUPER
Re: Sameee.

If you can't access location settings, I'd check the directions on this page to see if they help any.

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Nov 7, 2012 12:01 PM in response to: KDKULMAN
Re: Error code: 005-6534 I can't purchase anything on the Eshop with my funds, help!

To add on to what Mario said, if it still doesn't let you buy games in 24 hours, you may want to call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.

MSTEVENSON456 1 posts since
Nov 7, 2012

I also realized that yesterday, November 6th, I was unable to download from the eshop. However, later on in the night I was successful in downloading a game. Today, November 7th, I am again unable to download from the eshop. Is there another eshop update going on today as well?

Jul 11, 2012

Well, there's no problem with my 3DS. I just went on the Eshop and noticed that there's an update for Freakyforms. I'm downloading as I type this message with no problems... yet.

Jul 11, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 3:27 AM in response to: KDKULMAN

You should call Nintendo back and ask them why it's still not working. Or, maybe wait until the Eshop is done it's weekly updates today and see if it works then.

RICHT 1 posts since
Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 11:00 AM in response to: KDKULMAN

Just got off the phone with a very helpful Nintendo Rop. I had the same error code when trying to purchase. This fix worked for me: Go to settings and temporarily changed my location (in my case, from a U.S. state to Canada). Went to the eShop, accepted the terms, then back out to settings again. Reset my profile to the correct address, went back to the eShop, accepted the terms (and this time, had to enter additonal info for tax rates...maybe that's where the problem's coming from) and was able to complete the purchase.

Hope this helps.

STEAMSTAR 1 posts since
Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 1:09 AM in response to: RICH T

Ritch T's advice worked like a charm thank you for that! pokedex pro is downloading as we speak !

BUIVILE 1 posts since
Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 2:45 PM in response to: STEAMSTAR

I tryed this, but it said that my funds wouldn't be available!

I saw where I went wrong and followeed step by step, but that still won't work.

Edit: I see where I went wrong. Now I can play Paper Mario in peace.

MARIO 3,050 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Nov 11, 2012 9:26 AM in response to: BUIVILE

There are precise step-by-step directions listed under "Additional Steps" on this page, if you are getting this error and want to try.

DARKESPEON726 1 posts since
Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 12:21 PM in response to: KDKULMAN

I am having the same problem, but I am unable to change my location settings. Whenever I click on location settings, I get an error message and it forces me out of eShop. I called Nintendo and now they are sending me a shipping label and I will have to send my 3DS in to get repaired. Any suggestions before I receive the label and have to ship it?

MARIO 3,050 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Nov 19, 2012 12:55 PM in response to: DARKESPEON726

You shouldn't have to send it in. Follow the directions on this page under "Additional Steps."

FREAKO 1 posts since
Dec 28, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 2:59 PM in response to: KDKULMAN

I actually just got this issue resolved. I spoke to a Nintendo representative directly and she gave me step-by-step instructions. I explained to her what the issue was(in great detail). My 3DS was acting up at the moment so some of her methods weren't really working out. So, she said to me "Okay, what we'll do is we'll temporarily take the system into Canada. Please turn your system on and go to your System Settings."

1 - Turn on your system and go to "System Settings". Select "Other Settings," then "Profile." Select "Region Settings" and select Canada. Pick any province, this change is temporary. Click "ok" twice, Then "Back" twice, then close the "system settings"

2 - Next, select the Nintendo eShop icon. Click "Next" twice, "I agree," "Next," and then "Confirm." Select "Any Province," and select "ok" twice to enter the eShop. If prompted to link to Club Nintendo, click "skip."  Press the HOME button and "close" the eShop.

3 - (you should get a notice which says "Important: new country setting, use Nintendo eShop in the new country?) Don't worry as the 3DS has separate funds for each region. Return to "System Settings," "Other Settings," "Profile." Select "Region Settings" again, select "United States," Close "System Settings."

4 - Return to the eShop, "Accept" and "Confirm." Select "Menu" from the top-left.Select "Settings/Other," "Location Settings," and re-enter your zip-code.

There you go, problem solved.

http://http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/chat/en_na/chatStart.jsp?source=email

This link will connect you to a representative at Nintendo.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)