1 "correct" answer available (4 pts)
24,336 Views 6 Replies Last post: May 11, 2010 3:10 PM by MATT10020
RSS
MATT10020 37 posts since
Apr 10, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 28, 2010 6:35 PM

I can't get on the wii shop channel

So whenever I try to go onto the wii shop channel I click start and then it brings me back to the start-up menu when you just turn the wii on. How do I fix this? Have I bought to many virtual console games and I can't buy any more or is it a problem with my wii and I have to get it repaired? The strange thing is when I do an internet connection test it works just fine and I can connect to the internet.

ONE-OF-THREE 5,622 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 28, 2010 6:41 PM in response to: MATT10020
Re: I can't get on the wii shop channel

While it might be a problem with your console that may require a repair, try updating your console (4.2 is the latest firmware), as if you have an earlier firmware version, perhaps 4.0, you need to update it to access the Wii Shop.:)

NGAMER01 308 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 29, 2010 6:42 PM in response to: MATT10020

Are you issued an error code and/or message when the connection fails?  If yes, please list the error code number and/or the exact text the error message said.

XOTU 45 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 29, 2010 4:57 AM in response to: MATT10020

If updating doesn't work, I have had some strange errors like that but they usually repair themselves after it is shut down... IDK why but the system is all buggy. If it still doesn't work after you turn it off and on (after a five minute delay), then you may have to call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 (9am - 10pm est)

NOA_TECH_MIKA 394 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 30, 2010 6:51 AM in response to: MATT10020

MATT10020  wrote:

So whenever I try to go onto the wii shop channel I click start and then it brings me back to the start-up menu when you just turn the wii on. How do I fix this? Have I bought to many virtual console games and I can't buy any more or is it a problem with my wii and I have to get it repaired? The strange thing is when I do an internet connection test it works just fine and I can connect to the internet.

Out of curiosity, do you have anything plugged into the USB ports on the back of the system?  How about the Gamecube controller ports?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)