Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
28,872 Views 9 Replies Last post: Jul 16, 2013 10:30 PM by CHUQ
RSS
ROBBOTRON 2 posts since
Nov 19, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 19, 2012 11:04 PM

Wii U Gamepad won't turn on or charge.

Had my Gamepad sitting on the charging dock while I was playing a game with the pro controller. I went to grab my gamepad and it was off. Tried turning it on, and nothing. Put it back on the charging dock, no light on the battery LED or anything. So I tried the ac adapter port on the top of the gamepad, nothing. Tried different outlets in different rooms, still nothing. I have a second Wii U in the closet as a Christmas present for my sister, so I took the ac charge adapter out of there and tried that, still nothing at all. So I've concluded that it's the gamepad itself. I'm hoping for an easy solution to this instead of sending it to Nintendo, I just got this **** thing. Any help would be great, thanks.

ATOMICEXODUS 2 posts since
Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 4:53 AM in response to: ROBBOTRON
Re: Wii U Gamepad won't turn on or charge.

Same thing here. I was playing a game, system froZe. I turned off system and gamepad and then when I went to power back up nothing! System works fine but gamepad will not charge or turn ok

ATOMICEXODUS 2 posts since
Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 4:41 PM in response to: ROBBOTRON

I called Nintendo today and after many attempts they finally just told me to unscrew cover on back, unplug battery for 10 seconds and plug it back in. They assure me this voids no warranty, which makes sense because no sticker over cover. This worked great and I  back and running. If this works make sure your system is updated to 2.0.0 and you DO NOT turn off during upgrade process. Hope this helps

N00BGASM 4 posts since
Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 11:06 PM in response to: ROBBOTRON

I tried doing this, but the screws were damaged.  I tried to screw them out and then I noticed that they were stripped screws.  What can I do to rectify this? I JUST got a Wii U on Sunday and the Gamepad is my favorite feature, but I cannot get the screws out to take the battery out to save my life.  Yes, I was using the proper screwdriver.    

BENJO1414 1 posts since
Feb 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013 11:30 AM in response to: N00BGASM

Hey all,

Had the same problem when I left the gamepad on the charger for 15 minutes while WiiU was on. Drove me nuts. Taking out the battery didn't work for me, but, for some strange reason, when I plugged the a/c adapter into a different outlet everything was fine again. Hope this helps someone and happy gaming! BTW Batman Arkam City rocks!

MOSTRO328 9 posts since
Apr 5, 2012
Nov 25, 2012 6:24 PM in response to: ATOMICEXODUS

Worked thanks I almost went crazy 

CLAUDIA619 1 posts since
Feb 18, 2013
Feb 18, 2013 12:39 AM in response to: ATOMICEXODUS

Thanx ATOMICEXODUS! Did that and it worked.

SUPERMANEZ3 1 posts since
Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 8:09 PM in response to: ATOMICEXODUS

This worked for me. Thank you.

CHUQ 1 posts since
Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 10:30 PM in response to: ROBBOTRON

Unplugging the battery did not work for me, hope it does for others though, I'm gonna have to call Nintendo.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)