Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
50,672 Views 24 Replies Last post: Sep 18, 2014 9:40 AM by ARES
RSS
NEKKIBASARA 29 posts since
Nov 20, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 20, 2012 8:57 PM

WiiU Error code: 150-1031?

I have three WiiU games and so far out of the three I have, only two of them work.  The game I can't get to work is Sonic and Sega All-stars Racing: Transformed.  I had one copy of the game disc that would just freeze at the title screen and I went back and exchanged it for another one and now when the game is loading the levels I get at least two to three error codes of: 150-1031 saying the disc is dirty and should be cleaned but the disc itself is spotless.  I tried doing a search on Nintendo's website here for the error code but it is not found.  Is this the WiiU's issue or the games?  Do I have to go back and exchange it for a third copy??? 

OSCART 2 posts since
Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 9:20 PM in response to: NEKKIBASARA
Re: WiiU Error code: 150-1031?

I have been getting the same error code in Assassin's Creed 3 and you are the only other person I can find in the whole internet that is having the same problem.  The game will start up and load fine.  I can roam around for a while.  It seems to me that this is happening more during cutscenes and when the game world is being loaded or streamed in on the fly.  Basically, any time the system has to read from the disc.  Just like you, my disc is spotless.  I have not taken the game back to the retailer and exchanged it yet.  From what you are saying, I believe exchanging the game will not fix the issue.  I believe either Nintendo will have to issue another patch for the system or, in my case, Ubisoft will have to release a game update to fix the issue.  My guess is that it is the WiiU causing the problem.  I also have not contacted Nintendo support as I don't think they will give me a proper solution.  I'm banking on a new update to fix the issue.  However, if my game disc is messed up, I won't be able to take it back after a certain amount of time unfortunately.

ALEX762 972 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 9:14 AM in response to: NEKKIBASARA

You have to contact nintendo in order to fix this problem if this problem is still not resolved please post again if this problem is not resolved today heres there phone number 1-800-255-3700.

OSCART 2 posts since
Nov 20, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 1:47 PM in response to: NEKKIBASARA

Alrighty. I called Nintendo this afternoon, gave them the error code, they said they hadn't had this error before, and was referred to Ubisoft, who published Assassin's Creed 3 because they thought it was a disc issue.  I called Ubisoft, gave them the error code, they said it was a generic error code for an unreadable disc.  They then told me to either go to the store where I purchased the game and exchange it or I could use their warranty to have Ubisoft replace the defective disc.   I went to Best Buy and exchanged it for another copy, came home, put the game in, and the cutscene where it kept giving me the error no longer gives me the error.  So essentially, its now fixed.  I still don't trust it.  I expect it to happen again.  But for now, I am happy that I get to continue playing my game.  Maybe it was a defective disc, maybe it wasn't but it seems to work.  If the error comes back, I will post an update.  But for now, I would call Sega about the Sonic Racing game because I believe you said you already exchanged the disc so now it's up to them to figure it out on their end.  Good luck and I hope you get your issue solved soon.

Also, as a side note, the Ubisoft representative said that Assassin's Creed 3 on Xbox gave a disc read error as well right after a title update for the game.  He said try to find where the title updates are on the system, delete it for the specific game, and start the game again to let it get the update.  I don't think there have been any title updates for any of the WiiU games yet and if so, I'm not sure if it will work the same as on Xbox 360.  Just and idea if all else fails.

ALEX762 972 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 2:56 PM in response to: OSCART

Im so happy for you.

ALEX762 972 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 6:16 PM in response to: NEKKIBASARA

Oh that might be  the problem delete it and tell me if it works.

ROCKSTANG80 4 posts since
Feb 1, 2013
Feb 4, 2013 9:26 AM in response to: NEKKIBASARA

I can confirm it is a disc error for Assasins Creed 3. I had the same issue. It happened at the end of the introduction when first entering Boston harbor.
I exchanged the disc deleted the update and reinstalled it and everything worked fine. Simply reinstalling the update did not work for me with this particular game. I initially didn't reinstall the update at all but the the game volume didn't start on the first try.

SONICFAN180000 1 posts since
Mar 25, 2013
Mar 25, 2013 6:20 AM in response to: NEKKIBASARA
Re: WiiU Error code: 150-1031? On COD BO2

My Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is crashing a lot on zombies. It'll say error code 150-1031 (obiously), and then I take it out to clean the disk and the disk is spotless,

and I put it back in and as soon as I do that it brings up error code 150-1031 once again. My Wii U has had 3 updates and COD BO2 had about 4 and it just updated yesterday so I'm really confused, and sometimes when a cutscene on Assassin's Creed 3 comes up it crashes, so please help!

LADYKYRA 2 posts since
Apr 6, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 6:46 AM in response to: NEKKIBASARA

My kids just started getting this error code 150-1031 on their NINTENDOLAND game.  Game is spotless and the code occur on specific in-game like LuigiMansion.  Works fine with Zelda&Pikmin their favorite section of the game.  The sad part about this error is that the system was bought 12-21-2012, and this just started happening this week.  Nintendo support was no help either, they expected money out of my pocket for the repair($40). I mention the game was included with the system earlier, guess these tech have no memory or whatever.  I had to tell them again that the game was bundled with system to have it repair at no cost.  No clue why this problem is occuring, but if nintendo do not do something about this and warranty runs out, alot of people gonna really be mad bout their product.

***Edited to remove censored content.***

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_MIKA

VAL_PLAY 3 posts since
Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 5:55 PM in response to: NEKKIBASARA
Re: WiiU Error code: 150-1031 - new super mario bros

My new super mario bros u this catching on screen can someone help me start

ONE-OF-THREE 6,207 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 17, 2013 6:04 PM in response to: VAL_PLAY

VAL_PLAY  wrote:

My new super mario bros u this catching on screen can someone help me start

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=150-1031&system=Wiiu&locale=lang

Unfortunately, but Nintendo's Error Code search cannot find this specific error code, so it really doesn't have much useful information about what needs to be done, sorry.

However, reading over this thread, some of the posts seem to indicate that perhaps deleting any video game updates that were installed on the Wii U console might allow the game to be played.

So perhaps try deleting the update for Super Mario Bros. U and hopefully when you re-download any needed updates, this will correct this problem.

And to find the individual video game updates, head to your Wii U "System Settings", "Data Management", "Move/Delete Data", and once you click on "System Memory", you should be able to find and the option to delete its "Update Data" there.

VAL_PLAY 3 posts since
Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 7:01 PM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

I have done that and still the same thing: (

Apr 1, 2010
Jul 17, 2013 7:08 PM in response to: VAL_PLAY

VAL_PLAY  wrote:

I have done that and still the same thing: (

That is unfortunate, hoped it would work, but perhaps you should then give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, and hopefully the service representative will have some other ideas that will allow you to play this game.

VAL_PLAY 3 posts since
Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 7:22 PM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

Another thing I live in Brazil will not do

Apr 1, 2010
Jul 17, 2013 7:26 PM in response to: VAL_PLAY

VAL_PLAY  wrote:

Another thing I live in Brazil will not do

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/en_la/repair.jsp#misc

Nintendo also has set up repair services for other countries, like Brazil, so hopefully you can contact them and get this corrected.

Brazil

We encourage you to seek assistance from the Nintendo Authorized Service Center for your country.

HG DIGITAL SERVICE LTDA.
RUA DONA GERMAINE BURCHARD, 499
SÃO PAULO - SP
BRAZIL
CEP 05002-062 - PERDIZES
TEL. (11) 3868-2658 / 3862-2516
EMAIL: hgdigital@hgdigital.com.br

If you have any questions, please email us by clicking here.

SNOWANGELNNTDO 1 posts since
Oct 11, 2013
Oct 11, 2013 6:24 PM in response to: NEKKIBASARA

My son is also getting this same error code for Assassin's Creed 3.  Disc, too, is spotless.  Just did the system upd8 thinking this might help.

Looks like, from reading this thread, likely not.  I guess I will have to try to back out the update.  Fingers crossed.  Multiple calls to Nintendo help

desk and I keep getting a message that I have "caught them at a busy time", no reps available...yadda...yadda...no option to hold for next.  Still

within business hours PST.  Very frustrating

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 1 posts since
Feb 2, 2014
Feb 2, 2014 12:56 AM in response to: NEKKIBASARA

My wii u is 2 months old.  Now it only reads Nintendoland disc.  New super Mario wii u bros luigi, sky land sap force and wii party all report with dirty disc error.  Wii party is brand new.  Brought it to max soft singapore Nintendo official rep here on singapore.  And they said they changed some parts.  Who knows what.  Now it is worse.  Binging it back for another round of repair soon.  Sigh.  Huge pain I'm the ***.  Is Nintendo doing anything ? Is the QC FOR WII U SO POOR THAT THERE ARE SOooooo MUCH TALK ONLINE on how poorly made these things are???

FLUTTERSHYMELODY 1 posts since
Jul 27, 2014
Jul 27, 2014 11:35 AM in response to: NEKKIBASARA

Hi!, i have a problem with my disc of Mario Kart 8, I bought the game just at the date of sale (May 30) and I played very well in all tracks, in all modes, but, just yesterday, I wish play in a track (Sweet Sweet Canyon) and then, the chart of error appear (can't read disc - code 150-1031), today still be that error; but, I can play in any another tracks,except as mentioned. My disc look fine, no dirty, no scratch, nothing!, and how I mentioned, I can played any another tracks.

My Wii U has half-year since the purchase and not error, only, one thing, just any days before of this incident, I update the Wii U at current version.

Apr 1, 2010
Jul 28, 2014 6:16 PM in response to: FLUTTERSHYMELODY

FLUTTERSHYMELODY  wrote:

Hi!, i have a problem with my disc of Mario Kart 8, I bought the game just at the date of sale (May 30) and I played very well in all tracks, in all modes, but, just yesterday, I wish play in a track (Sweet Sweet Canyon) and then, the chart of error appear (can't read disc - code 150-1031), today still be that error; but, I can play in any another tracks,except as mentioned. My disc look fine, no dirty, no scratch, nothing!, and how I mentioned, I can played any another tracks.

My Wii U has half-year since the purchase and not error, only, one thing, just any days before of this incident, I update the Wii U at current version.

Even if the disc looks like it has no scratches, it is also possible that there is some other issue with it, so perhaps if it is possible, try playing the game on another Wii U console to see if the same problems occurs on Sweet Sweet Canyon or any other track and that should confirm it's a defective disc and you'll need to get another copy of Mario Kart 8.

NICKDABEST 1 posts since
Aug 3, 2014
Aug 3, 2014 1:44 AM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

Sigh problem folks. I had this issue on day one, sent in for repairs, the issue stopped. Now it has started a game, Zelda doesn't load at all and other Wii U games will give the same code most of the time, this is absurd... I'm sure I'll be charged for repairs this time...

C0LT83 3 posts since
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 28, 2014 4:59 PM in response to: NICKDABEST

I'm getting the same error on this.

The WiiU has been playing fine up until Sunday.

I was playing in online multiplayer and it gave the 150-1031 error.

The disc has no scratches, no nicks, nothing. It's immaculate.

Pull the disc out - play a level, and at the transition screen between races is where the error pops up.

Repeat - same thing.

No other games seem to be giving this error.

Will Nintendo let me download the digital version of the game until a good fix for the issue comes out?

Game is not even a month old.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks.

ARES 2 posts since
Aug 1, 2014
Sep 18, 2014 9:40 AM in response to: NEKKIBASARA

I'm getting this error code with Lego: The Hobbit.

At first it would recognize the disc (as this game) and then give me the error code, but after checking the disc (no smudges, scratches, etc.) and putting it back in, the system won't even recognize the disc.

Very frustrating!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)