Skip navigation

This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
2,954 Views 2 Replies Last post: Nov 27, 2012 8:24 PM by PGASPER77
RSS
PGASPER77 2 posts since
Nov 27, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 27, 2012 8:13 PM

What to do with Wii after Wii to Wii-U Transfer

Hello!

I went through all the motions transferring my stuff from the Wii to the Wii-U.

I next wanted to format (erase) everything on the Wii because I want to re-sell the unit.

The note that came up was that the system suggested I delete my Wii Shop Channel account before the system format.

The question I have is, if I do just that, will it in turn delete the Wii Shop Channel account from the Wii-U??? I definately DO NOT want to lose my account, points and downloaded virtual console games from the Wii-U if deleting the account from the Wii affects the Wii-U!!!

If it does in fact affect the Wii-U, what do I do with my Wii? I want to resell it, but want to wipe it clean and also not have the next user be able to have access to my account!

Help would be appreciated!

NIGHTFIRE5 3,615 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 27, 2012 8:21 PM in response to: PGASPER77
Re: What to do with Wii after Wii to Wii-U Transfer

PGASPER77  wrote:

Hello!

I went through all the motions transferring my stuff from the Wii to the Wii-U.

I next wanted to format (erase) everything on the Wii because I want to re-sell the unit.

The note that came up was that the system suggested I delete my Wii Shop Channel account before the system format.

The question I have is, if I do just that, will it in turn delete the Wii Shop Channel account from the Wii-U??? I definately DO NOT want to lose my account, points and downloaded virtual console games from the Wii-U if deleting the account from the Wii affects the Wii-U!!!

If it does in fact affect the Wii-U, what do I do with my Wii? I want to resell it, but want to wipe it clean and also not have the next user be able to have access to my account!

Help would be appreciated!

Your Wii Shop Channel account that you had on your Nintendo was moved over to the Wii section of your Wii U console. What is done now on your old Nintendo Wii console has no relation or ties to your Wii U console. Wii Shop Channel, as well as Nintendo DSi Shop, 3DS eShop, and Wii U eShop accounts, are locked to one system, they're not linked across a network.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)