Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
18,224 Views 32 Replies Last post: Jan 5, 2014 10:54 AM by DRCHEESEBURGER
RSS
JUMPMAN93 8 posts since
Nov 28, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 28, 2012 1:15 PM

Wii U Error Code

When I try to perform the update to integrate NSMBU and Nintendo Land with Miiverse, I continue to get error code 105-0642.

I can still play the games, however I cannot make any posts to Miiverse through them. I've already called Nintendo and they were unable to locate any information on the error code so I was wondering if anyone here had a similar problem.

I've already sent my system in for repairs once so any help would be greatly appreciated.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,039 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Nov 28, 2012 3:10 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93
Re: Wii U Error Code

Unfortunately, but it seems like a lot of the error codes for the Wii U do not yet have any information as to what they might mean, perhaps because the console was just released and the error code search information has to be updated to link it to what the actual error code means.

But till hopefully someone else posts here who might have had a similar problem and knows how to correct it, perhaps trying some of the standard troubleshooting tips might help correct this.

"Error Code: 105-0642

Situation:

Unable to find your specific error code. Please search your Wii U error code again, making sure to enter it exactly as it appears.

If you are still unable to locate troubleshooting for your specific error code, below is a list of troubleshooting steps that resolve most home network connection issues:

What to do:

• Power cycle your home network.

• If your wireless router or access point is unresponsive, power cycling these devices may resolve your connection issue. [How to]

• Ensure you are using the correct password for your Wi-Fi network.

• If your wireless router or access point is secured with a security key or password, review this password to ensure you have entered it correctly in the Wii U. [How to]

• Create a new connection on your Wii U.

• Create a new connection on your Wii U. This will ensure you are connecting to the correct Wi-Fi network and the Wi-Fi network is currently visible to your Wii U. [How to]

• Check for wireless interference.

• Wireless interference can result in a weakened connection between your Wii U and your wireless router or access point. Review your Wi-Fi network’s setup to ensure an optimal wireless environment. [How to]

Still Not Resolved:

• If the issue persists, please contact us at 1-800-255-3700. Specially trained representatives will be available to assist you, 6:00am - 7:00pm (PST), seven days a week."
PUPPETEER2 5 posts since
Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 9:21 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

Hey dude. Here is a quote from a post I made about my Wii U, and I get the same friggin code. Good to know I'm not alone.

"So I pop in Mario, and all is well. For 5 seconds. "Connect to internet, and perform system update?" *clicks yes* "ERROR CODE 105-0642 COULD NOT PERFORM UPDATE". So again, I call Nintendo. I gave the tech my error code. "...... umm sir, would you mind being put on hold?" I agree. 12 minutes later he tells me that neither he, nor anyone else has ever seen/had that error code before, and I am the first. WHAT. AN. HONOR. He just wound up taking my number, and after the supervisors get done playing with my error code they will call me back, and we will go from there. AWESOME."

Come on Nintendo.

UKFAN12 8 posts since
Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 10:06 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

After sending my launch unit back to Nintendo, I finally got a new one back via UPS today.  No problems connecting to the Internet or using the web browser.  However, every time I try to update a game or download an app from the e-shop, I get error codes.  It is driving me crazy!  Can't find any help on the web, just others complaining of the same problems.  I have been a faithful customer since the NES and have bought every new system at launch. .Nintendo, please help us! 

DMALVANO1 3 posts since
Nov 19, 2012
Dec 1, 2012 8:11 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

Thats what its looking like sadly. Mines doing the same exact thing cant download any updates for any games or even put netflix back on my system :/

DARTHPRAXIS 2 posts since
Dec 1, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 12:00 AM in response to: DMALVANO1

Looks like we're all in the same boat, unfortunately! My original Wii U updated on the 18th, then started freezing. No replacements were available from Gamestop. I contacted Nintendo and sent it to them for repair. They sent me a new system, and BINGO.....Error Code 105-0642 anytime I try and update ANY game or app! Haven't contacted Nintendo again, but come tomorrow or Monday we WILL be resolving this issue, post haste!!!!!

UKFAN12 8 posts since
Nov 30, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 9:58 AM in response to: DARTHPRAXIS

Keep getting the 105-0642 error code.  Did call tech support on Saturday.  They have promised me they will have someone call me on Monday.  This is really frustrating.  Have never had this many problems, or any, for that matter, with a brand new console.  Someone really dropped the ball this time!  Am willing to give Nintendo some slack a little bit longer, but I'm geting close to the limit of my patience with these issues.

UKFAN12 8 posts since
Nov 30, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 9:59 AM in response to: JUMPMAN93

Really odd coincidence isn't it?!?!

NAYDOG101 14 posts since
Dec 1, 2012
Dec 1, 2012 2:29 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

Wow i may just hold onto my console until a fix is out since it still half works

WIIDANO7503 5 posts since
Nov 22, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 9:53 AM in response to: NAYDOG101

Same deal here. Sent in my Wii-U for repair due to the freezing issue. Before I sent it out, the only issue was the freezing. Now I just got my system back today and am getting the 105-0642 error code when I try to update a game or download anything from the eShop.

On top of that, my Gamepad had "rainbow" marks on the screen when I first got the system. You can't see them when the system if on, but when it is off, they are pretty clear. I sent the Gamepad in with my Wii-U repair. When I got it all back today, nothing was fixed on the Gamepad. I can still see the rainbow marks on the screen.

Needless to say, I am VERY dissappointed in how this is going so far. I  basically traded one problem for another and in reality, I haven't  really verified yet that the first problem was fixed. I also had another issue (the Gamepad screen) completely ignored and just sent back with no notes/comments or anything.

The Nintendo Service rep didn't know anything about the error code. She took my contact info and said her manager would be calling me within 24 hrs.

Again, I am quite upset with all this....

JASON-WILLIAMS 21 posts since
Apr 18, 2010
Dec 3, 2012 7:09 PM in response to: WIIDANO7503

I think this is the same Error code I got when I try to download Darksiders 2.  It stop at 34% and went error. Nintendo is about to lose a customer that has bougt ever Nintendo System

KITTYFOX 12 posts since
Dec 3, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 8:03 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

I just got a "replacement" Wii U today...

Same thing... error code 105-0642 when trying to update a game.

KITTYFOX 12 posts since
Dec 3, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 7:19 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

FYI

For those hoping tonight's system update will fix this issue...

It doesn't.

ZINGFU 3 posts since
Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 8:14 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

Stop sending in your consoles.

The way to stop the freezing is to go into the miiverse settings and change the language setting to "english only". The problem is with the internet and this setting.

I have done this and the freezing has stopped for me. Hope this helps.

JASON-WILLIAMS 21 posts since
Apr 18, 2010
Dec 4, 2012 8:18 PM in response to: ZINGFU

Called Nintendo today Over not being able to download.  I am to call back tomorro

They told me that they are having problems with the E-shop  and till they can fix it  Non of the downloades will work including the Updating Games and System Updates.  They say they should have it fix tonight but to call back tommor.

I stop playing New Super Mario Bro U and they system started to do an update and its going slow  but its at 91% as I am typing this. If Nintendo get this fixed I will be partly happy  now if they will give me my 36,700 Worth of Wii Points games they stole

REINHARTJ 12 posts since
Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 11:22 AM in response to: JUMPMAN93

Same issue 105-0642 error code after having sent my wii u in for an unrelated problem.

Not sure how 5 people ON THIS THREAD can have the problem, call Nintendo and then the reps still say "they haven't heard of this ever happening ever!"

Obviously they're working behind the scenes on this but I can't play my Wii U because I may have to send it in again.  And as you've all found out the hard way.. Nintendo erases all data no matter what when you send it in.

Not acceptable.  At least give us a "yeah some people are having this issue and we're working hard on it" right?  Isn't that the honest and correct response to a consumer problem?

Id be fine waiting a week for an update or something but so far they won't even aknowledge this problem.  So frustrating.

CMP1979 5 posts since
Nov 27, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 6:43 PM in response to: REINHARTJ

I am having the exact same problem with my new unit that they sent me. Error 105-0642

Sheese... Get this fixed already.

REVOLUTION4EVER360 5 posts since
Dec 5, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 2:46 PM in response to: CMP1979

OMG.... This has to be the biggest cluster of a launch I have EVER expierenced in my lifetime.....Nintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo ....what happened????  We need answers and we need them fast.....Reggie.....all I can say is Recall all hardware, fix the problems, re release in 2013.   TOO MANY OF US ARE HAVING ISSUES TO BE CHALKED UP AS A FLUKE OR THTA WE ARE JUST PLAIN UNLUCKY!!!  This will be a PR Nightmare!!!!!  I guarantee it......remember Xbox's Red Ring of Death, its still joked about today!   I opened my system on launch day (November 18)  and was receiving the "INVALID DISC" Error Message and I ended up fixing it temporarily by placing my wii u horizontally.  However a week later the "INVALID DISC" error became more frequent.  I just sent my console to NOA in Kirkland, Wa to be "repaired".  Awaiting the return shipment, but now Im scared of what I am reading here in these posts about the returned systems still not working correctly and error messages.  Man I should have listened to my gut and not sent my console in to be "repaired" and just returned it back to GameStop for a full refund until Nintendo gets this nightmare ironed out.  I have owned EVERY Nintendo system known to man and have never had to use the warantee....especially on one that was less than two weeks old.   Why arent the news media reporting on this??  Im really sad to say this ....but sega started making huge mistakes after the launch of Dreamcast and we all know how that ended up  (and my Launch Dreamcast still works!!!!)  Mario on Playstation......Zelda on Xbox????  AFter this debacle I know I wont be buying another nintendo system at launch, just like I wont be buying the next xbox at launch!   PLEASE NINTENDO, REGAIN MY FAITH IN YOU!!!!

MBLACKWELL1024 2 posts since
Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 11:37 PM in response to: CMP1979

I confirm the same issue with the unit I was just sent. I called up Account Administration and they told me they were still researching the problem and would call me back with a solution soon... Hopefully soon is before the holiday get together I'm having in two weeks...

REINHARTJ 12 posts since
Dec 5, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 1:01 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

Just to update anyone else in this thread since it seems to have the most views of anything on the Wii U tech forums right now (2500+).

I did hear back from Nintendo on this.  They're working on a fix and will call in the next day or so.  Hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.  They did say that the fix will HOPEFULLY be something that doesn't require us to send our consoles BACK to Nintendo.  But I can't start playing games until then because I can't download them/update and I dont want to lose all my save data again

Anyway if anyone else is in the same boat and gets this fixed or hears something new from Nintendo please post here!  Would really apprecialte it.

Oh and no the 2.1 system update doesnt solve this.  Hopefully 2.1.1 is released like.. nowish and includes a fix for us poor stranded already-repaired/swapped Wii U owners.

Til then.. no games

EIAAIE1 1 posts since
Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 11:08 AM in response to: JUMPMAN93

I'm having the same problem and it is now the 7th. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know I can't play original wii games without this update cmon nintendo what's the hold up?

REINHARTJ 12 posts since
Dec 5, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 12:50 PM in response to: EIAAIE1

There is no fix right now.  We're all just waiting on Nintendo to fix it on their end. Hopefully we dont have to wait for a system updade.  This really seems like a console permissions issue to me.  Like our Wii Us aren't approved for downloading.

I've tried a new Nintendo ID and just about every other option. I think its just a matter of our Wii U serials not being approved or connected to the eShop.  Hopefully they can solve this with a simple backend change at the shop.  I think its just working its way up the chain of command.  They MUST know that this is an issue by now.

The only other speculation I have is that they've fixed it but we have to wait for the next scheduled system update which could be.. who knows!

Really wish we could get some REAL info and/or a timeline.  The silence makes me think that this is really bad.  If they said "we've fixed it but it wont be live til Sunday night" Id be 100% happy.  It's the lack of communication that is driving me nuts right now.

LEGENDARY502 5 posts since
Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 1:16 PM in response to: REINHARTJ

I agree. I think we should be compensated with some free stuff after this is resolved. Maybe some free eshop stuff. Definately not the best experience I have had  w/ a new console.

REINHARTJ 12 posts since
Dec 5, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 1:42 PM in response to: LEGENDARY502

It's just sad because I was going to demo the system at my holiday party for ~40 twenty-somethings who might be interested in buying a Wii U.

I know Nintendo repair/CSR is under a lot of pressure right now but caring for people who ALREADY sent their Wii U in for repair and have been in the system fo 2-3 weeks now.. that should be top priority.  Like.. engineers staying up all night to ship a fix, right?  If this were my startup company I would have ordered this as soon as I knew about it.

I actually blog for a popular tech site so maybe i'll have to doa  write up about this whole situation.  I don't think it's broken in the news yet and I bet Ars Technica or Wired would be interested in this situation and how if you get a repair from Nintendo you recieve a non-working system.  Pretty big deal I think.

KITTYFOX 12 posts since
Dec 3, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 7:20 AM in response to: REINHARTJ

One of my friends is a writer for Wired.  I've been tempted to do the same thing.

Since purchasing my system 2 and a half weeks ago, I've been able to play it a total of about 5 hours.

REVOLUTION4EVER360 5 posts since
Dec 5, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 7:42 AM in response to: KITTYFOX

Hey Guys-

I really do think that they are working on the problem.  I had a "invalid disc error" defective system on launch day.  I recently sent it to NOA as a repair order and Nintendo Administrative even called me back being extremely apologetic that my system is taking longer in the repair process than they originally anticipated.  I think that this "error code" may be why- they want to find out whats truly going on before they send out more repair units.  I feel your pain guys- Im such a Nintendo fanboy its not even funny- I actually went out and purchased a brand new wii u deluxe set  (and drove 60+ miles each way to get it).  This way, I can trade or sell my other unit when it is finally returned.  Good Luck to All and hopefully Nintendo will pull out of this hiccup quickly!

ALEX762 971 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Dec 12, 2012 5:13 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

Hooray.

BRANDONHICKS 8 posts since
Dec 6, 2012
Dec 13, 2012 5:07 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

How was this fixed? I just received a new console from noa and now when I try to start NSMBU I get the error.

23 posts since
Dec 22, 2012
Dec 22, 2012 5:48 PM in response to: JUMPMAN93

I still have error 105-5602, plus some freezing troubles..

DRCHEESEBURGER 233 posts since
Dec 30, 2013
Jan 5, 2014 10:54 AM in response to: JUMPMAN93

There are many error code on Wii U and 3DS that Nintendo is confused about. I could mean that either there's a bug in the system network or that the system is defective altogether.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)