Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
8,708 Views 5 Replies Last post: May 6, 2013 11:34 AM by PAE
RSS
AHOUSTON 13 posts since
Aug 2, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 29, 2012 6:30 PM

NETFLIX only playing audio, Screen Goes Black YOUTUBE overscan problem.

This has happened randomly a few times. While accessing Netflix it begins to play a video and the screen stays black, but you can hear the audio still. Only solution to fixing it so far is to restart the Console. Anyone else having this issue? Also connected through HDMI 720p.

The second problem pertains to the YOUTUBE channel. All videos are zoomed in too much cropping out a significant part of the screen on the bottom left and right sides. I know this has to do with the overscan problem. but has anyone found a way of changing video options for Youtube yet? I know Miiverse and Eshop have options for fixing this.

SNESNESCUBE64 1,127 posts since
Aug 4, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 6:54 PM in response to: AHOUSTON
Re: NETFLIX only playing audio, Screen Goes Black YOUTUBE overscan problem.

Sounds like a lag problem regarding netflix. Ive experienced the same problem on my ipod a few times. Regarding youtube, there is probably an option for that, check the manual for the app, unfortunately i do not own a wii u so i do not know what kind of content is in it nor where to find but it should be inside the home menu.

SNESNESCUBE64 1,127 posts since
Aug 4, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 7:20 PM in response to: AHOUSTON

Dont rule out lag, just because the router is in the same room doesnt mean that your connection is fast and reliable. Other devices connecting to the same router will "suck up" space. The more devices, the slower the internet will be. You also may have a closed NAT which has to do with security. Bandwith may be bad for your connection. Try reseting it, it may help. Sorry that the manual didnt help, keep in mind that not all people know how to use youtube.

PAE 1 posts since
May 6, 2013
May 6, 2013 11:34 AM in response to: AHOUSTON

Had exactly the same problem, I'm guessing that it has nothing to do with lag because I solved it by closing open tabs in the browser, specially YouTube and others with videos and restarting the console, but also disconnecting it ten seconds from the power source.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)