Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
14,209 Views 10 Replies Last post: Mar 7, 2014 3:59 PM by ONE-OF-THREE
RSS
JHONYM 7 posts since
Dec 3, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 3, 2012 9:59 PM

Can I play Mario Kart Wii?

Hello everyone, I bought Mario Kart Wii for play on my Wii U but I don't know why not load the game. I just have the GamePad, do I need somethig else for play this game on my Wii U, please help me, What Can I do?

ZELDAMQGC2 127 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Dec 3, 2012 10:38 PM in response to: JHONYM
Re: Can I play Mario Kart Wii?

You need a Wiimote to play it. But if you prefer a different control style buy a classic controller since with the Wii U you could not use a gamecube controller. You could also use a Wiimote and nunchuck too. Also to play the game you have to turn it on in Wii Mode too.

Jun 11, 2010
Dec 3, 2012 11:05 PM in response to: JHONYM

Mario Kart Wii should still be at least 50 dollars plus tax at any retailer like gamestop, wal mart, or even a best buy store and it is a Wii game not a Wii U game. If you are wanting the game you can always buy it there. You would still need one of the suggested controller types that i suggested to play the game like i said. Just be sure that your Wii U is up to date and working correctly too.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,805 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Dec 3, 2012 11:18 PM in response to: ZELDAMQGC2

As Zelda stated, if you're trying to play a Nintendo Wii game on your Nintendo Wii U console, you'll first need to enter the Wii Menu on the Wii U itself, which puts the console in "Wii Mode". If I recall correctly, the Wii Mode feature is only available after performing the system update for the Nintendo Wii U.

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 2:44 AM in response to: NIGHTFIRE5

NIGHTFIRE5  wrote:

If I recall correctly, the Wii Mode feature is only available after performing the system update for the Nintendo Wii U.

Yes, that is correct. I've read it online, even though I don't own a Wii U. Yet. Christmas is coming. I'm most likely getting one then.

MRTHNEEDLE 2 posts since
Mar 7, 2014
Mar 7, 2014 1:48 PM in response to: ZELDAMQGC2

I am trying to play the very first Super Mario Kart from the Super Nintendo days but on my new Wii U. It says I need a classic controller? I have the Wii remotes with nunchucks and the Wii U controllers that look like Xbox controllers and I also have the big game pad. Can I use any of those or do I need a different controler?

Please Help!!!!!

ONE-OF-THREE 6,409 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Mar 7, 2014 3:59 PM in response to: MRTHNEEDLE

MRTHNEEDLE  wrote:

I am trying to play the very first Super Mario Kart from the Super Nintendo days but on my new Wii U. It says I need a classic controller? I have the Wii remotes with nunchucks and the Wii U controllers that look like Xbox controllers and I also have the big game pad. Can I use any of those or do I need a different controler?

Please Help!!!!!

http://www.nintendo.com/wii/enhance/#/accessories

To play this video game you'll need the "Classic Controller Pro™" that is you connect to the Wii Remote in the same way as the Nunchuk.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-Pro-Black-Nintendo/dp/B002TLTBN0

And not advertising Amazon.com, but since Nintendo's Online Store no longer has the Classic Controller Pro™ in stock, this does give an example of one place online where it can be purchased if your local stores also do not sell this controller anymore.

Jun 11, 2010
Dec 4, 2012 8:21 AM in response to: JHONYM

Well seeing as how Nintendo has not released any info on the game at or after E3 2012 yet, i can reassure you that it could be a possibility. But i would not go by what a wiki page says all the time. I would wait to see what Nintendo has in store before we all know what happens. Unlike Mario Kart Wii U not being confirmed yet, There is a new Super Smash Bros Wii U and Super Smash Bros for the 3DS coming down the line.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)