Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
12,001 Views 5 Replies Last post: May 11, 2010 6:50 PM by SHUDAN
RSS
3 posts since
May 1, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 1, 2010 5:29 PM

Wii Online connection stopped working and cannot re-establish

I have had the internet connection for my Wii working fine for over 2 years.  My router is a 2wire model 180 with WEP encryption.  There have been no changes in my network setup and other internet devices are having no issues connecting.  Several days ago I attempted to add the Netflix streaming to the Wii but was interupted before completed (I'm not sure if this is related, I was able to get online after that interuption but did not complete the setup).  At some point after that the internet connection was lost.  I did not see any notice of a system update after that however I suppose it is possible that one did occur.

I have been through all the instructions and suggestions for establishing my connection settings again. (Clearing and re-entering connections, resetting my IP and DHCP settings and changing the channel to 1/11) but still keep getting the various error codes 51330, 51331 and 51332.  These errors indicate that the WEP key is incorrect, however I have verified several times that it is.

I'm hoping someone can give me some additional suggestions, or if not then is there some way that I can determine if there is a hardware issue with my Wii that may be the root cause?

Any help is appreciated!!!

ONE-OF-THREE 4,768 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
May 2, 2010 9:41 AM in response to: SHUDAN
Re: Wii Online connection stopped working and cannot re-establish

Sounds like you have done everything that would normally be suggested by us here, so probably now it would be best to give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number and they will be able to do some troubleshooting with you over the phone to determine what the problem is (Netflix, your Intenet connection, your console or a combination of all three) and be able to get your console connected back online and also Netflix working perfectly for you.:)

NOTAFAN 1 posts since
May 7, 2010
May 7, 2010 8:23 PM in response to: SHUDAN

I am experiencing the same issue.  Did you call the 800 number?  Were you able to get anything figured out?

KINGCARP2 1 posts since
May 9, 2010
May 9, 2010 11:23 AM in response to: NOTAFAN

I had the same issues as the rest and did call the 800 number.  We ended up doing the manual setup and now everything works!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)