Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
14,988 Views 9 Replies Last post: May 7, 2010 10:05 PM by SUPERTT
RSS
POOPAZOOPA2 5 posts since
May 2, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 2, 2010 12:56 PM

Remote Not Moving Arrow

So I ave not used my Wii for a long time.  I wanted to setup my Netfix and when I get to the screen where you choose the game, nternet channel, shop ect.  my remoe will not let me choose which one.  When Itry to  move it to the left and to the game it does nothing but when i push it to the right it goe that way?? I hope omeone can help me and understand what my problem is.  I would apreciate any help I canget as I have resynced the remote changed the batteries.  It does this on the netflix disc and any game I out in will not let me choose anything. ::((

I also replaced the sensor bar

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
May 2, 2010 1:06 PM in response to: POOPAZOOPA2
Re: Remote Not Moving Arrow

Is the Wii Remote connected when you try to aim at the screen (indicated by the lit-up LED)?

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
May 2, 2010 1:59 PM in response to: POOPAZOOPA2

You confirmed what I was inquiring about (i.e., the "1st light").

I'm having trouble understanding your issue by the way you described it... So from the main Wii Menu, your cursor doesn't show up at all, right? But what do you mean by "when i push it to the right it goe that way"?  Do you mind clarifying?

In the meantime, see if the tips on this page helps:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/wiiremote.jsp

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
May 2, 2010 2:06 PM in response to: POOPAZOOPA2

Oh, so you press Plus and Minus on the Wii Remote to change the page but you can't select individual menu's. Alright then. Send in a webform (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp) and ask Nintendo for help. Try to explain the situation the best you can. Your Wii Remote may need to be repaired so just be prepared for that. If it's under warranty, though, then it'll be free of charge.

104 posts since
Apr 12, 2010
May 2, 2010 2:53 PM in response to: POOPAZOOPA2

Use a digital camera and put it up to the sensor bar (I think the camera on your phone could work if you didn't have a digital camera) there will be lights on it if you see less than four lights the sensor bar needs replaced. (I don't think it is possible to have more than four lights just to add in)

SUPERTT 49 posts since
May 7, 2010
May 7, 2010 10:05 PM in response to: POOPAZOOPA2

well those are "visible" the lights we are referring to are the "invisible" ones that you cant see with your bare eye,  however, cameras, the wii motes, and other tech stuff that sees "can" see it, this is an invisible beam that is aimed at the wii motes to trigger the hand to show up, which is why he asked you to use a camera to see if you can see " purple-ish beams of light" in the camera's shot ( must be digital and thers no need to snap photos)

i am thinking, your senorbar is junk, and you should try using the one that came with your console, if it was broken, then you should buy a new one, that does NOT run on batteries like i saw you describe, chances are , the IR (infared) is NOT working

i was able to generate the image that shows the bars working  , if you can see this  through your camera at the sensor bar, its working, otherwise, its not:

DSC05740.JPG

EDIT: the image has some parts cut off and now are restored

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)