Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
16,509 Views 10 Replies Last post: Dec 14, 2012 1:20 PM by THECLAW
RSS
DANTRIX 4 posts since
Dec 12, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 12, 2012 8:17 PM

Gamecube controller on wii Rvl-101?

Hi guys, i hope this is in the right place.

Is it there a way to use a gamecube controller on the wii non compatible with the gamecube?

I have 4 gamecube controllers and SSBB on my new wii, but there is no ports to connect them

Would work a gamecube controller adapter for pc (usb)?

Please help

ALEX762 970 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Dec 12, 2012 8:22 PM in response to: DANTRIX
Re: Gamecube controller on wii Rvl-101?

Do you have a black wii.

ALEX762 970 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Dec 12, 2012 8:26 PM in response to: DANTRIX

Is it the new black wii.

ALEX762 970 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Dec 12, 2012 8:31 PM in response to: DANTRIX

The new black one doesn't support gamecube only the old wiis.

ALEX762 970 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Dec 12, 2012 8:47 PM in response to: DANTRIX

No.

NIGHTFIRE5 2,953 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Dec 12, 2012 11:39 PM in response to: DANTRIX

DANTRIX  wrote:

Hi guys, i hope this is in the right place.

Is it there a way to use a gamecube controller on the wii non compatible with the gamecube?

I have 4 gamecube controllers and SSBB on my new wii, but there is no ports to connect them

Would work a gamecube controller adapter for pc (usb)?

Please help

No, I'm sorry, my friend. There is no way for Nintendo Gamecube controllers or accessories to work on the Family Edition Nintendo Wii console. the only way they would work would be by plugging them into the Nintendo Gamecube controller ports, and those, as well as all of the other Nintendo Gamecube hardware that is needed to play Nintendo Gamecube games, has been removed from the Family Edition Nintendo Wii models. The Nintendo Wii console is not designed to simply accept any type of controller through a USB port.

With your Family Edition Nintendo Wii console, you'll have to use one of the other four control types to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which are the Wii Remote, the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, the Classic Controller, and the Classic Controller PRO. You may find it easier to play using the Wii Remote + Nunchuk controller settings, as the button layout (as far as the commands go), is very similar to the Nintendo Gamecube's.

Also, just as a note, the Family Edition Nintendo Wii console is no longer tied only to the black system color. New bundles have been released in more recent times which contain white and blue colored Family Edition Nintendo Wii consoles.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Dec 13, 2012 1:03 AM in response to: DANTRIX

Someone made a DIY multi controller adapter that allows Gamecube, N64, and PS2 controllers to be used as a classic controller that plugs into the Wii Remote. they sell a premade one for 25$ and 10$ for the Gamecube controller connecter that plugs into the multi controller adapter.

I am not sure if i am allowed to recommend one or post a link to them on these forums but others have used it and it works fine for them. its the ONLY solution so far to using Gamecube controllers with VC and Wii games on a Non Gamecube Wii.

THECLAW 305 posts since
Dec 20, 2010
Dec 14, 2012 1:20 PM in response to: DANTRIX

White and black were released as both RVL-001 and RVL-101. You cannot use those colors alone to determine the version.

Red is RVL-001 only.

Blue is RVL-101 only.

All Japanese model Wii systems are RVL-001. The RVL-101 was never released for that country.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)