Skip navigation
This discussion is locked

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
143,852 Views 21 Replies Last post: Oct 23, 2012 6:30 PM by NOA_TECH_WALE
RSS
12 posts since
May 3, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 5, 2010 6:37 AM

Wii does not power on

A few nights ago the electricity went out for a second in my home, and the Wii's light wasn't on any color, orange, red or green! And it was still plugged in! I tried unplugging it then plugging it in again but that did not work. I tried using different sockets, that didn't work either.

ZORAMIKAU 155 posts since
May 2, 2010
May 3, 2010 3:40 AM in response to: BIGBIRD96
Re: Wii does not power on

hvae you tried moving it to a different outlet? The outlet may have sparked and stopped suppying electricity to your Wii.

26 posts since
Apr 19, 2010
May 4, 2010 10:00 AM in response to: BIGBIRD96

If it doesn't work anywhere, then I'm guessing that something got fried. When the power came back, there may have been a slight surge. However, there is something that you should try:

If you know someone else with a Wii, try using their power chord with yours. I'm not sure if there is, but there may be built in protection in the adapter to keep the Wii from frying during a surge (seeing as replacing the Wii is a lot worse than replacing an adapter). If your Wii works with the other adapter, then looks like that's all you need. If it still doesn't, you'll need it repaired.

3 posts since
Oct 23, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 6:09 AM in response to: ZORAMIKAU

Finally figured out how to do it.   You have to unplug all chords out of the back of your WII and also unplug the WII from the electrical outlet.  Therefore make sure both end of your electrical adapter for your WII is unplugged from the outlet and the WII.   Also make sure no game chords, sensor bar, or graphics adapters are plugged in.   Please leave unplugged for 2 mins exactly, if you do it any less than this it will not work so make sure you get a stop watch out.  When plugging back in make sure you plug your WII up with all the chords first then plug back into the electrical outlet on your wall last.    After 2 weeks of no WII i tried this and it works perfectly.    hope this helps.

Thanks

***Edited to remove personal information.  Please do not post personal information on the forums.***

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_MIKA

EMPOWERED2PROSPER 3 posts since
Jun 17, 2012
Jun 17, 2012 2:36 PM in response to: JOSHBREEDEN6

This happened to us TWICE this year. Didn't know why it turned on the last time. I'm going to go try this right now! Thanks!

Jun 17, 2012
Jun 17, 2012 3:08 PM in response to: EMPOWERED2PROSPER

IT WORKED IT WORKED IT WORKED!!!! Glory to God! Thank you! DW

OPENINTROSTATISTICS 1 posts since
Oct 22, 2012
Oct 22, 2012 9:10 PM in response to: JOSHBREEDEN6

Thanks -- this also worked for us! Did exactly as you said and it powered on again. Thank you for posting on this!

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 2:49 AM in response to: OPENINTROSTATISTICS

As a friendly reminder, please don't bump old threads.

RAGEREQU 1 posts since
May 3, 2010
May 5, 2010 6:37 AM in response to: BIGBIRD96

omg this exact thing happened to me! I gave up after checking every outlet in my house. I packed up the wii and may end up selling it since there isn't really a section on this exact problem in the wii troubleshooting page :/

ZORAMIKAU 155 posts since
May 2, 2010
May 3, 2010 12:14 PM in response to: RAGEREQU

How old is your Wii? If it's less than a year you could get it repaired for free. If not, it might be cheaper than getting a new one to get it repaired, especially if you had a lot of Shop channel games.

NINTENDODSFAN10 148 posts since
Apr 23, 2010
May 5, 2010 6:38 AM in response to: BIGBIRD96

Try leaving it unpluged for 30 sec. If no luck, then your out on luck.

3 posts since
Oct 23, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 6:08 AM in response to: NINTENDODSFAN10

Finally figured out how to do it.   You have to unplug all chords out of the back of your WII and also unplug the WII from the electrical outlet.  Therefore make sure both end of your electrical adapter for your WII is unplugged from the outlet and the WII.   Also make sure no game chords, sensor bar, or graphics adapters are plugged in.   Please leave unplugged for 2 mins exactly, if you do it any less than this it will not work so make sure you get a stop watch out.  When plugging back in make sure you plug your WII up with all the chords first then plug back into the electrical outlet on your wall last.    After 2 weeks of no WII i tried this and it works perfectly.    hope this helps.

Thanks

***Edited to remove personal information.  Please do not post personal information on the forums.***

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_MIKA

NINTENDODSFAN10 148 posts since
Apr 23, 2010
May 5, 2010 1:32 PM in response to: BIGBIRD96

Is your problem resolved?

3 posts since
Oct 23, 2011
Oct 24, 2011 6:07 AM in response to: BIGBIRD96

I have been trying to fix my WII for days after the electricity went on and finally figured out how to do it.   You have to unplug all chords out of the back of your WII and also unplug the WII from the electrical outlet.  Therefore make sure both end of your electrical adapter for your WII is unplugged from the outlet and the WII.   Also make sure no game chords, sensor bar, or graphics adapters are plugged in.   Please leave unplugged for 2 mins exactly, if you do it any less than this it will not work so make sure you get a stop watch out.  When plugging back in make sure you plug your WII up with all the chords first then plug back into the electrical outlet on your wall last.    After 2 weeks of no WII i tried this and it works perfectly.    hope this helps.

Thanks

***Edited to remove personal information. Please do not share personal information on our Tech Support Forums.***

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_ABE

JOHNQ24 1 posts since
Nov 26, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 7:16 AM in response to: BIGBIRD96

THANK GOD for this forum.  Not sure what happened, but I noticed recently that my Wii had no lights.  I truly thought I would have to either pay to have it serviced or buy a new one.  Did exactly what ya'll mentioned here and it worked GREAT ! ! !

Thanks everyone for the help!

Jun 17, 2012
Jun 18, 2012 7:54 AM in response to: BIGBIRD96

Re-Posting this Higher up the Forum for people to find easier. This person solution WORKS! I just did it for mine!

"http://techforums.nintendo.com/people/JOSHBREEDEN6

Thanks"

Thanks!

DW

LUNANIGHTS1 3 posts since
Oct 20, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 12:02 PM in response to: BIGBIRD96

BUMP!!!!!!!

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 12:10 PM in response to: LUNANIGHTS1

Please don't post anything if you don't have anything to say about the topic.

Thank you.

NOA_TECH_WALE 94 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Oct 23, 2012 6:30 PM in response to: BIGBIRD96

Hello,

It looks like this thread was unnecessarily bumped, so I'm going to go ahead and close it for now. Thanks!

-NOA_TECH_WALE

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)