1 "correct" answer available (4 pts)
9,904 Views 16 Replies Last post: Jul 2, 2013 3:56 PM by TYLER645
RSS
APPLEGOKU 18 posts since
Jul 6, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 17, 2012 4:48 PM

DS LIGHT BROKEN HINGE??

OK so i have a  Nintendo DS Light broken hinge and i don't realy know what to do with it. I try to enter the serial number on the Nintendo repair site.But it says it is does not work.I bought the Nintendo DS Light form gamestop. They gave me it with a crack on the hinge then after a day it cracked even more so i went to go return it.And they did not let me return it.After another day it snapped so im stuck with a DS with a broken hinge.Well i least i know one thing it to never but used ds's again LOL.Anyways got any ideas for what to do with it?Oh yeah....... this is sort of how it looks like right now.

001-broken-nintendo-1.jpg

Thank You so much!!!!!!!!

ALEX762 972 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 4:50 PM in response to: APPLEGOKU
Re: DS LIGHT BROKEN HINGE??

Why didn't they let you return it.

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,458 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 4:53 PM in response to: ALEX762

Because Gamestop isn't a good corporation.

To the discussion creator, the serial number didn't extend the warranty because the DS Lite is used. I believe that you could get it repaired from Nintendo regardless. Contact Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 from 6am to 7pm PST or at this webform to set up a repair.

SNESNESCUBE64 1,170 posts since
Aug 4, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 6:46 PM in response to: FI THE MASTER SWORD

To add to what FI said, avoid gamestop at all costs. Not only can i buy games cheaper at my local flea market, i can also sell games for twice the amount gamestop credit by selling on amazon. Plus, most employees are inexperienced, have no clue what im talking about, are rude, misprice everything, and sell faulty products.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Dec 17, 2012 10:14 PM in response to: SNESNESCUBE64

I've had problems with GameStop as well, but mostly with used systems (I've had two used DS Lites that broke on me.).  I'm going new or refurbished from now on.  I have had good luck with the games, though... except this one time GameStop sold me a counterfeit game, which worked fine on my DS Lite.  I found out later that it was counterfeit when I upgraded to a DSi because it didn't work at all.

Also, each GameStop is different.  If you get poor service at one, you may have better luck at a different one.  There is one in particular that I will never set foot in again.

Anyway, in regards to your DS Lite, you can call Nintendo, and they will set up a repair, for which they will charge you some $$.  The good news is that if Nintendo repairs it for you, they will warranty the repair for 12 months, as though you had purchased the system new.

NMGUY 27 posts since
Dec 7, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 10:36 AM in response to: APPLEGOKU

I'm not a fan of Gamestop. Ok if your DS Lite still works with the broken hinge you can purchase a Crystal Cover Housing for the DS lite. Its just a clear plastic shell that snaps over your DS lite and it has hinges, I've purchased them in the pass off of ebay and they work for me. But if you use Ebay, make sure you buy it from a supplier in the US, most sell from China and it takes over a month to recieve. They run about $3. Seen them sold in stores a while back but for $15, yikes! Or you can buy a bigger shell like Nerf from Walmart.

Crystal Case Cover Housing Clear for DS Lite DSL NDSL  is the name if you look it up on Ebay.

Jan 16, 2012
Dec 19, 2012 3:40 AM in response to: APPLEGOKU

Just send it to Nintendo. Doing it yourself can potentially harm yourself, and the terms of service say not to offer do-it-yourself fixes.

NMGUY 27 posts since
Dec 7, 2012
Dec 22, 2012 12:31 AM in response to: APPLEGOKU

no, you dont have to replace the DS shell and take it apart, its a shell that snaps over the ds, clear plastic and it has side hinges. This is the one I purchased a few weeks back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/crystal-case-cover-housing-clear-for-DS-Lite-DSL-NDSL-/390064471892?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item5ad1a77f54

Aug 4, 2012
Dec 23, 2012 10:43 AM in response to: NMGUY

Your not supposed to suggest self repairs, it violates the forums terms of use

Jan 16, 2012
Dec 23, 2012 10:46 AM in response to: SNESNESCUBE64

Well, I think the terms of service mean that you can't suggest opening up your system. This isn't really opening up your system, and using armor doesn't void warranty, so I think he's okay to say that.

Aug 4, 2012
Dec 23, 2012 7:59 PM in response to: FI THE MASTER SWORD

Sorry, i misread it and thought he said something else.

Jan 16, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 6:32 AM in response to: SNESNESCUBE64

No problem, from first glance, it seemed like a method that took the system apart.

YOSHIDUDE9001 69 posts since
Dec 21, 2012
Dec 22, 2012 5:32 AM in response to: APPLEGOKU

Set up a repair by calling Nintendo at 1-(800)-255-3700.

COOLBOY600 227 posts since
Jun 27, 2013
Jul 2, 2013 3:47 PM in response to: YOSHIDUDE9001

did you even fix it yet cuz ds lite repares have been stoped

TYLER645 1,015 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Jul 2, 2013 3:56 PM in response to: COOLBOY600

Please don't bump old threads. This user probably already solved this problem by repairing it or getting a new system.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)