Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
2,446 Views 1 Reply Last post: Dec 21, 2012 2:26 AM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
SYNESTHESIAK 1 posts since
Dec 20, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 21, 2012 12:30 AM

3DS Black Screen (not black screen of death)

Hi everyone!

So here's what's happened:

I bought Pokemon Black 2 and played it for maybe 4 hours over a few sittings. Then while I was playing, my 3ds just went all black (the backlight was still on) and nothing happened. Holding down the power button was the only was I could turn it off. Now every time I try to play Pokemon, this screen comes up immediately.
The screen also comes up when I try to enter the settings for the 3ds.

I tried Pokemon on a friend's DSi and it works fine. I played Theatrhythm Final Fantasy on my 3ds and it works fine. Virtual Console games also work fine.

I have the original 3ds and I'm fairly certain it has the latest firmware update (unless there was a new one in the last few days). I don't have my home wifi registered on my 3ds so I don't think I can access the internet on it without entering the settings menu (which I can't do), so I don't think I can download any firmware updates until this is solved.

Is there any way to fix this other than sending it in to Nintendo? I'm pretty sure my warranty has expired and I live in Australia so it would be expensive to send it over.

I really appreciate anybody trying to help. Thanks so much!

I'll answer any questions you may have as well as I can.

NIGHTFIRE5 2,953 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 21, 2012 2:26 AM in response to: SYNESTHESIAK
Re: 3DS Black Screen (not black screen of death)

SYNESTHESIAK  wrote:

Hi everyone!

So here's what's happened:

I bought Pokemon Black 2 and played it for maybe 4 hours over a few sittings. Then while I was playing, my 3ds just went all black (the backlight was still on) and nothing happened. Holding down the power button was the only was I could turn it off. Now every time I try to play Pokemon, this screen comes up immediately.
The screen also comes up when I try to enter the settings for the 3ds.

I tried Pokemon on a friend's DSi and it works fine. I played Theatrhythm Final Fantasy on my 3ds and it works fine. Virtual Console games also work fine.

I have the original 3ds and I'm fairly certain it has the latest firmware update (unless there was a new one in the last few days). I don't have my home wifi registered on my 3ds so I don't think I can access the internet on it without entering the settings menu (which I can't do), so I don't think I can download any firmware updates until this is solved.

Is there any way to fix this other than sending it in to Nintendo? I'm pretty sure my warranty has expired and I live in Australia so it would be expensive to send it over.

I really appreciate anybody trying to help. Thanks so much!

I'll answer any questions you may have as well as I can.

Hm...very strange. I've never heard of anything like that.

In my honest view, I would say the best thing would be to contact Nintendo and see if it's possible to set up a repair for your console, or perhaps they know how . However, just because this is the first time I have heard of it doesn't mean that someone else hasn't.

Also, just as an FYI, if you didn't import your console from North America, you'd be sending your console to Nintendo of Australia for repair, not Nintendo of America. As a general rule of thumb (at least from what we know), a Nintendo will only repair systems from their own regions. So Nintendo of America won't fix a system from Japan and vice-versa and so on.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)